Tolv

Tord heard muffled voices. He couldn't feel or see anything. He tried to move but failed. Where was he? It was so dark. He tried to scream but nothing happened. His vision started to come back and he realized he was opening his eyes. Had he been asleep?

Tom was explaining to Maddie, Shelby, and Kylie the entire situation. He felt terrible. He saw Tord start to open his eyes and he gasped, a smile started to appear on his face. He had been sobbing over Tord, and tried desperately to sew him up.
"Tom?.." Tord's voice was hoarse. He spoke quietly but Tom knew he said his name. He nodded and smiled even more and the suicidal Norwegian. Tord slowly sat up and groaned. He looked down and realized what was happening when he saw bandages on his wrist.
Maddie and the others exited the room to give Tom more space with Tord. They say there quietly for a while.
"I'm sorry..." Tom finally said, looking down. Tord continued to be silent.
"Tord I know what I did was wrong! Everything I said was a lie! I was just mad is all! I know you were just scared when you said you didn't know me! And I know you're sorry! And...and I'm sorry too..." Tom now had more tears escape his eyes.

Tord looked at Tom and sighed.
"I'm too far gone for you to care anymore Thomas..." Tord grumbled. Tom looked up surprised. He started shaking his head, more tears appearing.
"No! Don't say that! Please! You aren't too far gone!" Tom sobbed, leaning a bit closer to Tord.
"Don't. I know my place..." Tord got up from the bed and dusted himself off. He started towards the door before Tom stopped him.
"Wait!" Tom yelled making Tord stop and slowly turn around.
"Where are you going?"
"Places.." that was it. Tord was out the door and walked out the house. Tom sadly walked out Tord's room and saw the others sitting at the table.

"Where is Tord going?" Maddie sadly said.
"I don't know...but I'm following him!" Tom growled, marching out the door. He spotted Tord after a while, headed towards the city. He followed him all the way out the city and to a small hill. He walked over to a tree and knocked on it. The tree sank down into the ground and stairs appeared. Tord walked down the stairs and the tree appeared again. Tom ran over to it and inspected it. It was made of metal. He carefully knocked on it the same way Tord did. The tree again sank into the ground and a dark staircase was there. Tom hesitantly went down the stairs.

He eventually got to a long hallway with only one door at the end. He walked all the way down and saw many pictures of army Sargents and generals. He got to the door and looked at it. It was made of oak wood and had a shiny gold doorknob. He carefully opened it and gasped at what he saw. A large corridor with many doors leading other places and bigger portraits and large pillars littered the room.
Tord was standing there talking to someone else.
"So! You're ready to have this responsibility again?" The other person said.
"Yes sir! I was the best damn leader this army ever had! Only reason I quit was because I was soft! Now though...I have no emotion but want...and I want power!" Tord chuckled at that. The other smiled at this.
"Well mister Lincoln! Welcome back red leader!" They shook hands. Tom gasped at this. A little too loud. Tord turned around and growled seeing Tom. The door suddenly closed behind him and Tord spoke Norwegian into a small piece in his ear. Many soldiers came out the doors and pointed their guns at Tom. He put his hands up and cowered.

He heard Tord chuckle and start walking towards him.
"He's all yours Tord! Have fun! And welcome back!" The other soldier said before walking into one of the doors. Tord sinisterly looked at Tom.
"T-Tord...I thought you left the army.." Tom was in disbelief. Tord rolled his eyes.
"I did! I went soft caring for you Edd and Matt! Then I cared for the brat Maddie! Then I...I made the mistake of falling in love..." Tord looked down solemnly for a second before angrily looking back up.
"AND IM NEVER MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!" Tord yelled. He spoke to the soldiers in Norwegian before storming off.

Tom was grabbed and taken to an empty dark room. He sat in a corner and hugged his knees close. He didn't mean for any of this to happen. He felt so bad for what he's done to Tord...the guilt was eating him alive. He was stuck in the room for hours. The door finally opened and Tord stood there, uniform and all. Tom quickly got up.
"Tord Listen! I've been thinking over what I've done and I...I can't take the guilt! I'm so so sorry! I fucked up! I'm a terrible person! I knew you were like this and I still acted like a dick! I could have prevented that episode but I didn't! I'm so...so sorry..." tears started falling from Tom's eyes. Tord scoffed.
"Stop crying you big baby! You work for me now! And we need to get you checked out!" Tord sternly said as two soldiers grabbed Tom. Tord started walking and the others followed, dragging Tom with them.

"What are you gonna do to me?" Tom asked with a shaky voice.
"Calm down! We're just giving you a check up and sizing you for your uniform! You are to be my secretary so your uniform will look different! If you try to run of escape or refuse me...you will be terminated..." Tord looked over and smirked at Tom who slightly gasped. Tom was sized then brought to a infirmary room. He was checked on and Tord was there staring at him the entire time. The nurse came in with a clipboard and sadly looked at Tom.
"I've...got some bad news..." she said sadly. Tom tilted his head and bit and saw Tord look up.
"You have the first stages of terminal eye cancer..." she said with a sigh. Tom and Tord both gasped.
"It's fine! Tom has the cure for that!" Tord said confidently.
"He cured me..." he said a bit quieter.
"That was different Tord! Phoenix disease isn't just chest cancer it's also things around it! It's not the same.." Tom pulled his knees up to his chest and looked like he was going to cry.

Tord uncrossed his arms that had been crossed across his chest. He looked at Tom with slight pity.
"You can just cure this then!" Tord said, a bit hopeful. Tom just started sobbing.
"I'm afraid you'll lose your eyesight in a week or two..." the nurse said looking down.
"I'm...I'm sorry..." she said, looking at Tord then leaving the room. Tord growled.
"Fine! I'll fix you then! But see this as a repayment for curing me!" Tord said before storming out the room and slamming the door.