Chapter 1

How does the world look?

"JENNY! GET DOWN HERE NOW! I NEED TO GO TO WORK!"
My brother yelled downstairs. I sighed annoyed and yelled back.

"WHY SHOULD I DO THAT YOU IDIOT?! YOU'RE NOT MY MUM!" Right after I said that I regret it. Mum...a sensible theme between me and my brother.

I sighed and went downstairs. I probably did it to apologize but all I could hear was the front door smashing closed.

I twitched and sat down looking around pur new house. To be honest it's pretty big but I feel lonely here. We just moved yesterday and I wasn't comfortable with this new situation.

Oh wait I didn't introduce myself yet. Ok so I'm Jennifer, 17 and I have a big brother. He's 19 and too protective. His name is Ben. We're not used to live in a big city but he got a job here and we needed to move and also my brother wanted to start a new life.

I live without my mum and dad...they died in a car accident.

My brother was also in the car but nothing happened to him. It's like a miracle and he's angry that our parents died and not him.

But I'm glad it wasn't him. I mean he's my brother and has his whole life in front of him. Mum and dad would've been so disappointed about letting their son die they would've been dying inside.

Yeah...that's my messed up family but we try to move on.

Today is my first day in school but I don't wanna go. School never attracted me but I guess many feel that way.

I didn't want to go to school because they would look at me curiously and maybe also disgusted because I'm new...

I don't know how new people are threaten in this school. I hate attention but of course I needed to go.

My brother was mad at me so I needed to walk to school. I was already late but who cares.

As I searched for the principal someone walked into me. Annoyed I looked up to see the persons face but got confused as he wore sunglasses.

"Can't you look where you're going?!" He frowned at me and wanted to walk past me. "Uhm sorry? Can't you do that either?..."
I mumbled pissed and wanted to knock on the principal's door but he laid his hand on my shoulder.

"You're new?" He asked curious and looked down at me smirking but I saw a little sadness in his face.

"Yeah why?" I was really annoyed at him. Why did he need to ask that...

"Ok. Uhm I'm Noah." I looked at him with the "are-you-kidding-look" but he didn't move a muscle. I just shook my head. "I'm Jenny."

His well shaped jaw flexed and he smiled a little. Actually Noah looked handsome and I guess also hot. He must have had many girls. His blonde hair and his smile attracted me.

Also Noah has a quite muscular body and he's really tall. A head taller than me maybe? I bet he has nice abs.

'Oh no Jenny! Stop thinking about that!' I told myself angrily.

"Are you looking at me?" He asked after some minutes. I looked into his face confused. "Uhm yes? Can't you see that?"

Noah began to laugh sarcastically. "No I can't to be honest." This boy is pretty weird. What does he mean? Why is he even wearing sunglasses? I mean it's not summer.

"Why?" I mumbled realizing that I was really rude.

"Doesn't matter." He smiled nervously and a little angry. Noah obviously didn't want to continue this conversation. "See you around." He did a little wave and turned around before I waved back shyly.

I sighed and tried to calm down again and finally knocked on the principal's door.

"Come in!"

As I got my schedule I needed to find my classroom. I think I've wasted more than 15 minutes til I finally stood in front of room 231.

My hands got sweaty and I felt really nervous as I knocked on the door. Why didn't I stay home?

A few seconds later the teacher opened. She was maybe 30 years old and seemed to be nice.

"Hey you must be Jennifer Smith. Come in." I went in slowly while everyone was staring at me.

I looked over the students and my eyes got stuck on him. He didn't even look at me.

"Ok guys this Jennifer Smith please be nice to her. You can sit down next to Noah." The class began to giggle and I felt uncomfortable.

The teacher showed me the place but I already knew where to sit. As I sat down his head turned and he smiled. Noah still had sunglasses on.

"Hey again." I said low and he answered immediately. "Oh it's you. Hey Jenny." Is he kidding or something? I mean I just stood in front of the whole class.

"You didn't notice me until now?" I asked a little hurt. He sighed in frustration. "Wow you need so much time to understand what's wrong with me."

I flinched a little by his rude tone. "What?" I asked quietly.

He sighed even more. "Don't you get that I'm blind?" Noah looked at me angry and I flinched back again.

"Oh"

Was everything I said.

After that Noah ignored me completely and I thought about how stupid I was. I must have hurt him.