A Day in SwaSan Diary

The rays of the sun and the chirping birds woke Swara to yet another day in their life. She tried to move but her husband was too possessive of her. He always says, "What if you sleep walk and leave me alone?" Swara turned her face to the side. Sanskaar was peacefully sleeping with one hand beneath her neck and the other on her palm which was resting on her stomach. He nestled behind her to the extent that they were stuck to each other from head to toe.

Swara slowly removed his hand freeing her own then silently got up. She put her feet down and found her slippers. She stood up with care as she anticipated what happens next. Sanskaar took her palm and pulled her on him. "Sanskaar!! One day you are going to break your nose or my ankle."

"You should say good things in the morning. Like 'Good Morning Shona!' See, that sounds so much better."

This was their daily routine. Yet everyday he manages to surprise Swara on how he wishes her morning. "Good Morning, Sanskaar. Now don't you want to get up?"

"I want to but since you are up, I guess I can sleep for an hour more by the time you complete your dressing up."

"I don't take that long." With that, she caressed his cheek. She was amazed at how fast he went back to sleep.

Sanskaar has been working on his laptop for quite sometime when Swara walked out of the bathroom - hair wet, fresh face and the hum on her lips. As he was appreciating her beauty, she caught him working early in the morning. She was trying to teach him to appreciate the morning climate but he was always restless to check the overnight emails. Seeing her glare, Sanskaar quickly shut down the laptop and walked over to her at the dresser.

She was searching for something on the dresser. Sanskaar stood behind her and picked the thin comb from a corner and handed to her. She collected her hair to one side to comb. Sanskaar draped his hands around her waist and pulled her into him. He rested his face on her empty shoulder. "Do you plan to kill me everyday?"

"I heard someone saying you should always say good things in the morning. Try now?"

"You look beautiful, Shona!"

"Yes! Now isn't that much better? By the way, thank you."

"Why don't you try saying something nice?"

"You look handsome with an unshaven face. But you look killer clean shaven."

"Still, not satisfied. Try something else." He ran his lips arong her dress neckline. She melted into his arms. The comb slipped from her hands and she closed her eyes. He whispered to her "Now try.."

"I love you, Sanskaar."

Sanskaar was elated to start his every day like this. To see his wife before he saw the strong Swara Sanskaar Maheshwari face the world. He kissed her where her neck meets her shoulder. "I love you, Swara." And he released her. She found her balance with the help of the dresser. He bent down and picked up the comb. While passing it to her, he said "I want to listen to Yaaram song today. Be ready."

"Sure, Your Majesty."

"My love." He corrected with a kiss on her cheek and left for the bath.

By the time he came out, Swara had prepared cappuccino for Sanskaar and tea for herself. She set the tray on the small table at the balcony. She saw him searching for her in the room. He saw the teacup setting and frowned. Swara moved quickly to get her guitar. They settled into the chairs at the table.

"Your personal fm is ready. What would you like to hear today?"

"Hmm.. I remember sending in a request for Yaaram."