Rage

This is not exactly One Shot. It runs through Sanskaar's thoughts when Swara is insulted during Uttara's engagement.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

Sanskaar was passing through the corridor, when he saw Swara going to enter his parents' room. He grabbed her wrist and covered her mouth to prevent her from making noise. He dragged her to the store room to explain the situation to her.

Once inside the store room, Swara being the ambassador of righteous souls, didn't understand his silence in Uttara's marriage. She was adamant in stopping his Mom from the wrong intentions of Chirag's parents. In order to stop her, he pulled her back and they landed on the cushioned ottoman.

The time froze for both of them. After a long time, they were on such proximity that they didn't need words to read each other. He didn't know how long they were in that position. At that moment, he forgot all that conspired in the last six months.

He would have stayed there lost in her eyes, if not for his mother's hiss, "Sanskaar!" They quickly scrambled to their feet and with subtle hesitation turned their back to the other.

He geared himself for the long, meaningless talk on how inappropriate it was for the bride's brother and wedding planner to be together behind closed doors.

As expected, his sister's to-be mother-in-law shot fire at Swara. She started questioning Swara's character. He wanted to stop her and give her his peace of mind, but then schooled his temper for Uttara's sake.

He kept a tight rein on his feet, ensuring they were glued to the ground. If he turned and saw Swara, he would be gone that minute and that might be against his Mom's instruction. He silently prayed to the higher spirits to restrict his anger.

Then Gayatri insulted Swara for using underhand means to earn money. If Swara had trusted him for a minute that day, she wouldn't have to listen to such nonsense today. She was once like a daughter of this house and if circumstances were different, she would be in charge of the event as the host instead of wedding planner.

The further allegations of Gayatri shocked him as her thoughts were just low. She was okay if he was the one to take advantage. Does she really keep such opinion of this house? His family had come a long way in overcoming a strict, societal based rules to giving each family member the freedom they deserved. He agreed that his Bade Papa would have one time held this groom's family in awe, however Swara had managed to change his outlook on family traditions and he was right there when she fought for them.

The insults came pouring in and his dam of patience was not strong enough to withhold them. They threatened to kindle the flames of his anger. She went to add acid by comparing my Swara to a lowly insect.

That broke all barriers that were holding him back. That moment, he didn't care about his Mom's repeated reminders. He felt even Uttara wouldn't accept his silence while Swara went through such tirade. He might have his issues with her, that's because he had that right as her husband. But no one, no one else had the right to talk anything less than good about his wife. She was his pride. She was his strength. She was his love. She was his hatred. She was his life. He decided to answer back Gayatri with two simple sentences.

"Before you say anything else, know that Swara is my wife."

He glanced at Swara who stared back at him in shock. He didn't turn back this time.

"Nothing happened over here like you imagined."

With the faces that stared back, he understood that he had successfully made his point. No one was allowed to insult his pride.