Vindicatory Turmoil - Part 2

Part 2 of 2

_____________
《Sanskaar

Sanskaar woke up to see his Mom meddling with his clothes. He sat up with a jolt. "Mom! How did you come in?"

"Sanskaar, now your Mom also can't come into your room? I am trying to help you choose an outfit for the Roka."

"I will find something to wear. You don't have meddle with my clothes." He closed the wardrobe and practically shooed her out of his room. He had been worried that she might find something of Swara and start off the cursing session spoiling rest of his day.

It was his Roka; it couldn't be any good. However he wanted to stay away from the emotional trauma his family was forcing on him to the best of his ability.

__________
《Swara

Swara rummaged her clothes to find the particular outfit that would leverage her fight the most. She was preparing to fight for her love. She thought of it the whole night and concluded that she wouldn't do anything to stop the ceremony. If Sanskaar really loved her, he would be able to understand her pain. He would never impose such a cruel punishment over her, she decided.

It was either today or never. Sanskaar had ignored her, said some spiteful words, and asked her to get out of his life. It all had to end today. Her eyes fell on the golden lehenga he had gifted her. He had told her that he would always remember his gifts for her. There couldn't be a better option than his gifted outfit, she decided.

As she adorned herself with the Sindoor and Mangalsutra, they had given her the courage to claim what's rightfully hers. She stepped out of her room and found Sujata and Annapurna fussing over Sanskaar. He looked perturbed at their numerous instructions.

Sujata saw her and came to her. "Swara, do us all a favour and don't come downstairs. My son is starting his new life and I don't want even your shadow on his happiness."

It was a demand that would be very difficult for her to satisfy yet fight for her love. "Okay Mom." Swara agreed not taking her eyes away from Sanskaar.

_____________
《Sanskaar

Sanskaar was agitated with the whole charade that his Mom was adamant on. As if she's not enough, Badi Ma was reminding him that it was his decision. To cement that statement, Swara stepped out of her room and he felt himself hold his breath. A moment later, he saw her in the golden lehenga that held a very sweet memory in his heart. His heart skipped a beat watching her once again in the beautiful outfit. However, he had not missed the accessories that marked her his.

His Mom told her something and she agreed. He wondered if she even heard what his Mom had said. Her eyes didn't leave him and despite his best efforts, he couldn't take his eyes off her. His Badi Ma urged him to start moving. His feet felt heavy and seemed to be walking against their wish. He saw the gathering of the two families downstairs. Yet the image of Swara complete with Sindoor of his name weighed on his heart. He reminded himself of her accusation, her lack of trust in him to tell himself that he was probably better off without her. There was a strange sensation of a burning liquid crawling up the back of his throat. What are you doing, Sanskaar? Can you forgive her and give her a second chance? He asked himself.

The answer he found was that he needed a reason to forgive which she had not given him yet. So he waited. He saw her standing against the balustrade upstairs and he waited. He sat next to the supposed to be bride and he waited. The rituals were being done and he waited. He dared a glance towards Swara who was shedding tears and he waited. The ceremony was declared complete. But Swara had not uttered a single word. Swara, are you really going to just stand there and see me getting married to someone else? Don't I mean anything to you? His vision started to blur. He was saved from breaking down right there by the one voice he desperately wanted to hear. "Sanskaar Maheshwari."