Vindicatory Turmoil - Part 1

The scenes take place during the time when Ragini is made the owner of Maheshwari Mansion. Swara is back at MM and working on winning Sanskaar back.

Part 1 of 2

_____________
《Sanskaar》

Sanskaar stood by the window of his room looking out at the full moon. It used to be his favourite sight. However today he saw the flaws clearly. The grey patches on the white moon almost looked ugly. He could probably credit that observation to his present state. The next day was his Roka with some nameless Marwari girl. And two rooms away was the girl whose name was etched on his heart.

It's been two months that Ragini had taken over as the Malkin of the house or rather a devil possessed Ragini. He didn't understand her motive. Honestly he didn't care except the daily tortures she showered over his family members. Lakshya had become completely invisible to him but he had to hand it to his baby brother for not being a complete Joru Ka Ghulam.

He wanted one more person to be invisible to him. Swara. Just Swara, he reminded himself as he couldn't bring himself to call her Swara Bose and calling her Swara Maheshwari would be technically incorrect. He pretended that she was invisible to him yet he knew exactly when she was looking at him, her expectant face as he passed by her and the slight smile when he granted her small mercies like holding the door while she carried large items.

The day she reentered the house to protect Maheshwari family from the tyranny, she had carried her luggage to his room. He had stopped her at the door and asked her to stay in the guest room. The pain in her eyes was too much for him to bear so he closed the door on her face. He had leaned against the door until she walked to the guest room, her footsteps very audible to his ears, and closed the door behind her.

When Ragini tried to dictate his life by bringing up the topic of his second marriage, he shouted at her, "No one dictates my life! Get this crap out of your head!" When he turned, he saw Swara standing by the stairs with a bright smile. If only she had trusted him, he would have given Ragini back in a way that neither she nor anyone in the house ever thought of joining someone else's name with his. It could only be Swara with Sanskaar, no one else. It didn't matter that there was no relation between them at that point in time.

Then his Mom had decided to use her patented victimised mother antic by pledging to end her life if he didn't agree. She went to the extent of placing the knife to her throat and Sanskaar had agreed. He gazed up to the stairs right after his forced acceptance to find Swara gone. That night he passed by her room numerous times and heard her sobs every single time. At about 5am, when he heard silence, he panicked and opened the door. He found Swara by the door hugging her knees and buried her face over her knees. He nudged her to find her asleep and her face was red from crying for long hours. He didn't know why he had carried her to the bed and covered her limp form with the thick comforter. Just that it pulled his heart strings to watch her in that state. Yet he felt it was necessary to neutralise the balance of their relationship. He felt disgusted of himself for that thought.

As Swara faced the daily antics of Ragini, he stood on the sidelines and watched. Every time she won he bought a chocolate only to stash it in his side table. There can never be anyone else but Swara claiming his room. He was sure of it. However he wanted Swara to stop this alliance. He wanted her to realise what she would be losing.

__________
《Swara

Swara stood by the window watching the moon. Ragini had ruined her. The small victories where she protected her family from bending before Ragini, felt miniature compared to the pain of watching Sanskaar ignore her.