Not Guilty - 1

Welcome back! This story started as a One-Shot inspired by the show's promo. However, due to readers demand, it stretched out to be a 4-Shot. The scene begins during the Janmashtami track. Swara and Sanskaar have moved out of Maheshwari Mansion and now live in the tent in the mansion garden. Sanskaar has not confessed yet. The story starts in RagLak's room instead of the hall as seen in the promo. You might prefer to watch the promo to understand where the story is starting out.

___________________________________

Swara runs up the stairs on hearing the screams. She opens the door to find Ragini in messed up clothes. She was clutching her sari end and crying into it. On the other side lied Sanskaar, unconscious. Swara understands this must be Ragini's cheap trick once again.

By the time Swara analysed the situation, rest of the family reaches there. They are shocked to witness the scene. Swara runs to Sanskaar, unconscious and oblivious to the crime Ragini was accusing on him. Seeing him in such vulnerable state, Swara shudders with fear. She nudges his shoulder calling out to him, "Sanskaar! SANSKAAR!! Get up, Sanskaar! Open your eyes!" She cups his face and pats his cheeks.

Laksh, who was a silent spectator, saw the care Swara had for Sanskaar and burned in envy. He rushed to Ragini trying to comfort her, but his eyes never left Swara. "What happened, Ragini? What is Sanskaar doing here?"

"Laksh, he.. he.. ", and she sobs without finishing the sentence.

AP asks her to tell them exactly what happened. But for Laksh, who was more worried about Swara's concern for Sanskaar, quickly pointed the finger at his brother's character. He rushed to Sanskaar pushing Swara aside. He held Sanskaar by the collar and shook him hard. "I am sure this is Sanskaar's doing. How can a brother go so low to prove his point?"

"Laksh! Sanskaar is not at fault. He is out cold." Swara cried out.

"He is just acting like he is unconscious. He is the reason Ragini is in this state." Laksh reasoned.

"Laksh, please! Act reasonably, will you? He is your brother, and she is my sister. How can you even think Sanskaar would commit such a heinous crime?"

"He is unconscious because I hit him with the vase." Ragini gave a straight sentence. When Swara and Laksh turned back to look at her, she went back to acting her part of a damsel in distress.

Swara checks Sanskaar's head for any signs of injuries but finds none. "He doesn't have any signs of injury. If you hit him with a vase, there must be some sign at least a swelling or a bruise. But there is nothing."

"Swara, don't try to defend him. He has tried to hurt Ragini today, and I am not going to forgive him for that."

"Shut up, Laksh. Don't forget you are accusing your brother."

"My brother died the day you left me at the altar."

Before Laksh could say another word, a palm flew across his face landing a sharp pain on his cheek. "Not a word, Laksh! Not a single word! You may want to forget that he is your brother, but I will not hear anything against Sanskaar!" Swara scolded Laksh. She was genuinely scared for Sanskaar.

All are shocked including Ragini who was not expecting this move from Swara. Swara took a jug of water and sprinkled on Sanskaar's face asking him to wake up repeatedly.