Not Guilty - 2

"I'm very sorry Bhai. I am ashamed of myself." Laksh falls to the ground before Sanskaar. "If possible, please forgive me."

"Who are you calling Bhai, Laksh? Just 10 minutes back, you didn't hesitate to call him a criminal." Sujata taunted him.

"Chachi, I am very sorry."

"How many times, Laksh, just how many times Swara stopped you saying you are insulting your brother? This is the same brother who had given up on this lavish lifestyle for his love. This is the same girl you loved Laksh and today she is staying true to her relationship but look at where you are. Neither could you stay true to your love, nor could you trust your brother. The damage has been done, Laksh."

Laksh turned to Swara and Sanskaar. "I'm sorry I believed everything Ragini said and didn't think to clarify with you. I will take any punishment you will give. Bhai, please punish me."

"Sorry, Laksh. I am not in a position to decide anything now. I need some time." Sanskaar said.

Swada added, "Laksh, Sanskaar is right, you should think of your relation with Ragini. Talking about us, I don't know. Give some time for things to settle."

Laksh texted Shekhar, "Uncle, Ragini would like to come home for a while. Would you please come to take her home?"

______________________________

Ragini came down the stairs into the main hall attending her own execution. The family members who once saw her as the innocent youngest daughter-in-law of the family today saw her as a vixen who would go to any length to just get her way of things.

Sanskaar watched Swara for any signs of support that she had for her sister. However she seemed to be in a dilemma having to choose between her fake marriage or her sister.

For Swara, the question was to chose between a sister who had forgotten all her limits to achieve her target and a friend who went to the extent of fake marriage with her to succeed her altruistic mission. Who should she choose? The decision should have been clear however it was not. She stood there still evaluating her options.

Laksh was overwhelmed with the extent he had messed things up. If only he had cleared the cloud of anger and misconceptions to wait for Swara and listen her version of truth instead of running a decision of marrying Ragini just to spite Swara. He should have trusted his brother who had been the best guide all his life. Without his hand holding, he had wavered to peer pressure and family influence. Today he stood at cross-roads of losing his love and a broken marriage.

______________________________

DurgaPrasad entered. "Annapurna, what is it I am hearing?" He looked at Ragini standing in the way of stairs and passed by her without comment.

Annapurna narrated the entire incident hushing Sujata and Laksh when they tried to interfere. She concluded that Laksh was sending Ragini home to sort this out.

"Laksh, you have done one mistake in fit of anger. Can you not do another just to negate that! Let us elders handle this matter."

Sanskaar moved to stand next to Swara and spoke softly, "If your Baba comes here, he would get to know the truth. Don't you want that to happen?"

Swara looked into his eyes and saw the blank expression he excelled at holding. "Sanskaar, this doesn't seem to be the right time for it to happen. Baba may not believe me."

"Bade Papa believes you." Sanskaar reasoned.

Oblivious to the reasoning, DP asks, "Swara, you have been wronged in the whole charade. I want to hear your opinion."