Chapter 8

It's currently Monday and my birthday. I'm not looking forward to today.

I take a shower and blow dry my hair. I throw on a sweater and jeans. I slip my old converse on and I put my retainer in.

I go downstairs and I pick up the house and walk out the door once it's 6:30.

As usual I'm called names and I just keep my head down walking through the halls. I see Jason and ignore him as he tries talking to me.

He is going to ruin his reputation talking to me. He is quarter back for crying out loud and is trying to talk to me? I mean yeah we talked but it was also forced for that stupid project and when he just gave me a ride home. Cause Jason and I are total opposites.

The entire day I just keep my head down. My sweet 16 and I already want to go home and curl up in a ball.

*after school*

I go on my phone and realize I'm being called.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello is this Alexandria Peters?" a lady asked.

"Yes why?" I questioned.

"We need you to come down to St. Mary's Hospital. It's your dad" she said.

I noticed that Jason was walking to me so he could clearly see that I was crying. I hung up and ran as he ran after me. I turned around he stopped as people just laughed at me.

I ran 5 miles to the hospital without even realizing that I could barley breath. I have never ran that fast in my entire life.

I rush in and they give me the room number and I barged in and he is hooked up to all these machines.

"He was in a car with a drunk driver" she said.

I nodded slightly but grabbed onto his hand. I squeezed it and sat there for what seemed like forever.

I finally picked my head up and peered at the clock and it was 2a.m. I need to head home.

I walked out yawning as the nurses smiled at me.

"I'm coming after school until he is out. Call me if anything happens" I said.

They nodded and I walked out and it was completely dark outside. The only light was the street lights.

I walked home and it was now 3a.m. I'm literally suppose to get ready in 2 hours.

I still changed into leggings and a t-shirt and fell asleep.
-
I did the same routine for the past 2 weeks. Go to school, go to my dad, do my homework, sleep. I've gotten way skinnier cause I've been barley eating.

As I'm walking out at the end of the day I get a call from the hospital.

"We need you to come down now" a lady said softly.

I hung up and ran out as I heard Jason calling after me once again.

When I get there they all gave me sad smiles and I walked into my dad's hospital room and they were shutting off his machines.

"What are you doing?!" I nearly shouted.

"No one told you?" the guy asked.

I gave them a confused look and the lady next to him approached me.

"I'm sorry but he passed away" she said.

Tears were rolling down my eyes as I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

He's gone?

Just like that?

(A/N: Let's just pretend that she could live by herself. 16 and older. Ok ok😂👏)

As I walked out of the room they gave me sad smiles and I ignored them as I kept my head down and I was crying.

I can't anymore. First my mom dies by a drunk driver now my dad?

I got home and did my homework while still crying.

I then cried myself to sleep.

*Jason's pov*

This whole week Alexandria looks so tired. She had bags under her eyes, and she didn't try.

I tried talking to her but she ignored me.

I sat home staring up at the ceiling and my friend texted me.

Jack: Bro why are you still chasing after the nerd

Me: Her name is Alexandria

Jack: Who fucking cares😂

Me: Why did we start bullying her?

Jack: I don't know bro. She's an easy target

Me: We need to stop. She isn't an easy target. She isn't a nerd. She isn't a nobody. She is a person and has feelings

Jack: Who cares bro you can be nice to her. I'm still being mean to her softy.

Me: Ok bro. Bye

Jack: Whatever

I threw my phone and rolled over on my bed.

Why do I care so much about this girl?
---
Sorry didn't post yesterday, I've been busy with school and I watched the last 3 school basketball games. Also going to a friend's house tomorrow and sleeping over so I won't post at all. But I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter💕 2-16-18