Chapter 44

*2 years later*

I'n officially graduating high school and I'm not as happy as I was expecting but I'm still happy.

You see, Jason and I have been dating for over 2 years now. He wants to be a lawyer and I want to be a doctor.

2 totally different Colleges but on the bright side they are both in the same state and only about 20 minutes from each other.

As I put my dress on that Jason bought be for my birthday I smile at myself.

It's black at the top and fades out into a purple at the bottom that goes up to my knees. I put my gown on over my dress and put my hair into curls and then my hat. I smile at my reflection and Jason walks into the room.

I smile at him and he pecks my lips.

"You ready baby?" he asked.

I nodded and hugged him.

"We came a long way" I whispered.

"We really did" he said.

He grabbed my hand and led me to his car where we drove off to school.

As we get there Jason kisses me cause he is giving a speech. He wouldn't let me see what he wrote but I can't wait to here it.

As our principal talks and a few teachers say something Jason is called to give his speech.

"Hello, I'm Jason Carter. Let's start with this, in freshman year I was petrified to even come here. High school is the 4 years where you officially grow up and start your life and I was scared of growing up. Everyone is. I came here as such a little kid. But after the months went on I became more popular and more powerful. I was happy I was actually wanted and I didn't think about other people's feelings. I used to be a bully, I'm not proud of it but I used to pick on this one certain girl for years but stopped my Sophomore year. Her name is Alexandria Peters. I have to thank Mrs. Anderson for putting us as math partners for that one project. Without being her partner I wouldn't have met the love of my life. I would have kept bullying this innocent girl who honestly is the sweetest girl in the world. By Junior year I figured out who I really was, figured out the fake and real friends. I changed for the better. Now here I am graduating high school and I am happy with my life. I'm happy that Alex and I have made it over 2 years. When people say your high school years goes by really fast it's true. It seems like just yesterday I was coming to this school and now I'm leaving. I wish everyone a good life and I hope you all are happy. Cause I know I am. Thank you" he said.

I was in awe. He mentioned me in his speech. I smiled as he came to me and I hugged him tight.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too princess" he said.

As soon as we got our certificates, I tried finding Jason. I saw him talking to his parents and I ran up to him and hugged him.

"We did it" I whispered

"Our new life starts here" he whispered.

I smiled and kissed him as I saw camera's flash. I turned and his mom and dad smiled at us.

I hugged Jason again and he laughed and continued talking to his parents.

After he led me to his car and we drove to this restaurant. I took my gown off which left me in my dress and I took my hat off as well. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

We got to the restaurant and we couldn't stop talking about our future.

I turned around because I heard someone call my name. I looked around and no one was there. I turned to look at Jason but he wasn't in his seat. He was on the floor on one knee.

My mouth shot over my mouth as he smiled at me. Tears started forming in my eyes. He is proposing.

"We started dating our Sophomore year and I couldn't be happier. We stopped for a month cause I'm stupid but here we are. Graduated and ready to start our life together. You make me extremely happy and I have never been this in love with a girl in my entire life. Before I even started dating you I knew you were the girl that I was going to marry and have my future kids with" he  paused.

He got the ring out of his pocket and opened the box up.

"Alexandria Rose Peters will you marry me?" he asked.

This point years were falling down my face like a waterfall and I smiled.

"Yes!" I squealed.

He laughed and slid the ring on my finger. He stood up and I jumped in his arms and started kissing him.

I heard cheers from all around the restaurant. I smiled into the kiss and we both pulled away from each other and I hugged him burying my face in his chest.

Like my mom used to tell me, "life will throw you a curve ball, it will throw you on the ground over and over again. Even though you want to let go you have to hang on. Cause things get better, it always will."

In this case, my mom was right.
---
That's the end! I hope you guys enjoyed this book, like I enjoyed writing it💕 3-13-18