1) Age of Innocence

As everyone grows up, it is a humanly thing to have a physical attraction for people. Maryam was raised in a strict Muslim family, so this idea was not really allowed. From kindergarten, the day she walked in her daddy whispered to her, "Do not talk to boys." And she was reminded a few times after. She never understood why, she only thought it was because her father was being protective, or for a religious purpose, but little did Maryam know what was coming for her.
She stepped into that classroom and the teacher rudely asked her who she was... how rude? She did not completely understand English at the time because although she was born in a North American country, she spoke Afghanistan's 2 official languages, Farsi and Pashto. She replied exactly what her teacher said, who are you? What a great way to start the class.
While Maryam was playing with blocks, cute little green-eyed, white skinned, browned haired, Jake approached her and asked her to play on the computers with her. Uh oh. And this is where a little of a lot, all began. Maryam was in fear that she would get in trouble by her parents, although she didn't know she was attracted to Jake, she was more attacked at the fact he was not a she, and what her father would have thought of that.
She left the table and Jake was confused. He never talked to her again thinking she hated him...until...