Changing

MARYAM POV
That whole summer was depressing. Zennatt was on vacation and had no internet, Marie got in trouble most of the summer and Rebecca, well we aren't that close for me to care...
Jake and I got into countless fights, we stopped talking for a month, but started right before school start. Little recap on why we fought was mainly because he had no time for me, so many stupid priorities, we were bestfriends weren't we? So why did he go telling my other friends I was so annoying, always begging him to come online shake. My. Head.
I hope grade 7 is a blast.
JAKE POV
I am not going to lie, those fights affected me a lot. I do not know why I was so easily angered every time she got mad at me... I do admit it was my fault, and although I had hidden feelings for her, I wanted to stay bestfriends, she is Muslim, I'm Catholic, it's never gonna work. I'm over Zennatt aswell.
I wonder how this school year will be, it's the first time our class will be split apart because it will be a grade 7&8 split class meaning one class will be a mix of grade 7 and 8's and so will another. I don't like the idea, I hope my friends are in my class.
MARYAM POV
***all the grade 7's and 8's were outside waiting for their name to be called so they can join the line to their new teacher***
"I don't think we'll be split up, the teachers know we are always together." Zennatt said
Inside I knew we would get split apart because the teachers didn't like us together, we always got in trouble. Many people, including teachers have told me that. A few teachers pointed out that they know I'm a good person but Zennatt was always pulling me down, I never told her this though.
"I hope so!!" Rebecca said
"No matter what guys, we will always be bestfriends!!" Zennatt said, and all for of us hugged.
Both the teachers teaching the classes were pretty cool, but I hope I get Mr. Paul.
And I did. When the teachers were calling out the names me, Rebecca and Marie all got sent to Mr. Paul line, and Zennatt got sent to Ms. Colleens... I was actually so sad. That morning Me and Zennatt went to the office to complain about this, but it was a waste of time and we got sent back to our classes.
When I went into my class, I felt awkward walking in because I was late but mr Paul was cool with it. I went and sat beside Marie, Rebecca, Calvin and Jake... who I was happy that was in my class. We all sat as a group naming it the "lit table." I know, cringe.
"Yo guess who else is in this class?" Marie whispered to me.
"Who?"
"Turn around."
I turned around and I was in shock, was it meant to happen?