Pg5: Age of Innocence

Maryam POV

This was the worst day of my life! Yesterday after school I threw up on my favourite jacket because I always feel nauseous at random moments, and now I have to wear my brothers jacket, I feel so embarrassed.

Jake POV

Maryam came into the classroom crying because she was wearing her brothers jacket, it wasn't that bad, nobody was even making fun of her... Tyler approached her, I do not know what happened.

Maryam POV

***Recess Time***

"Why are you crying? Nobody even cares" Zennatt said

"I hate this, they just feel bad for me."

" Hey why are you crying?" Tyler asked Maryam

"Leave her alone, cant you see her suffering."

***Zennat Left***

"You can use my jacket, it has pink on it, it looks like a girl jacket, it used to be my sisters jacket."

Tyler was a very rude kid in the class, why was he being nice to me? He would bully other children, he even tried to kill our class fish dexter, but he was alone most of the time, but why was he being nice to me? Tyler had freckles and dirty blonde hair with hazel eyes, he kind of looked like Derrick.

"Thank you" I said taking the jacket.
As I was walking outside he ran beside me and said,

"Hey, what are you doing this recess?"
"Probably playing basketball"
He put his arm around me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and ran away.

***outside on the field during recess***

"Hey Jake do you know Tyler?"

"Not really but he told me he likes you"
That explains everything I thought.

Jake POV

Why did she ask me if I know him? Does she like him?

***bell rang and everyone went into class***
The teacher was talking to Maryam and Tyler and the teacher was really proud of Tyler for doing something nice. What on earth, anyone could have done that. I also heard he was getting a school award for it, the kindness and caring award, how lame.
***5 days later***
Tyler was moving away, that was short. He said his dad got a promotion in Vancouver and he was really sad about it, before he left I saw him give Maryam a ring pop, she did not take it.

***3 years later***
Jake POV
We were all in grade 5 now. I realized that I did like Maryam before, all those years I would get jealous. I understood now the reason she did not talk to me was because of her religion which I respected. She did start talking to boys in our class though a little bit after the years, especially this year. And I started liking somebody new.

Sorry for the short chapter guys I'll update soon xx