chapter 4

"To the Book of Peace!" The older man proclaimed as he raised his chalice.

Everyone else soon raised their chalices as well.

"And to you, King Dymas and Prince Proteus." Another man agreed before clinking glasses with Proteus.

"Make way!" A guard called out before rushing with the other guards.

'This is getting boring.' Drell thought to himself.

"Ya see?" Sinbad smirked to Kale. "This is what happens when you use the front entrance."

"Mm-hmm, and it helps to have someone with incredible strength or a magic belt." Kale agreed.

Sinbad Jr smiled bashfully to that.

"What is he doing here?" King Dymas demanded about Sinbad.

"At least he's not out robbing someone." Proteus told him.

"That's because everyone worth robbing is here!" King Dyams glared. "And just look at that young lad with him."

"I'll bet you ten crowns you're about to put these swords down." Sinbad smirked to one guard.

"I'll take that bet." The guard glared at him.

'After they see how strong Sinbad Jr is, they'll drop their swords.' Maritza thought to herself.

"Guards!" Proteus called out as he came to stop them which made them drop their swords while Sinbad looked cocky. "Put away your swords... I don't see you for ten years, and now twice in one day with these kids? You're smothering me."

"I knew you'd wanna thank me for saving your life," Sinbad chuckled as he shook hands with Proteus. "Again."

"Again?" Maritza asked.

"You probably deserve free food and wine, the kids too." Proteus chuckled as he put his arm around Sinbad while walking with them and the two teenagers.

"Hear that, guys?" Sinbad smirked to the others. "Dinner and drinks are on the prince!"

'Nice.' Salty thought to himself.

"Come on, there's someone I want you to meet." Proteus told Sinbad.

'I know who he wants Dad to meet.' Sinbad Jr thought to himself.

"Get to work." Sinbad told his men before following Proteus.

Sinbad Jr, Salty, and Maritza looked to each other before following them as well.

"There she is, I told her all about you," Proteus told Sinbad as he took a chalice from someone and drank it. "Sinbad? I would like to introduce you to my fiancée: The Lady Ambassador Marina from Traice."

'Oh, that's right.' Sinbad Jr thought to himself.

Sinbad took a long look to the woman and looked entranced by her beauty.

"So, this is the infamous Sinbad I heard all about this morning," Marina greeted. "Perhaps you tried to rob Proteus, and then you save his life. So, which are you? A thief or a hero?"

'She's got him there.' Sinbad Jr thought to himself.

"Sinbad wanted to give me the opportunity to thank--" Proteus smiled until he saw Sinbad suddenly left. "Him...?"

Maritza shrugged as she wasn't sure where Sinbad suddenly vanished off to.

Sinbad's dog however was cleaning up the buffet table as he was quite hungry.

"How much do you eat?" Salty asked the dog.

"Depends on how much food there is." The dog muffled with his mouth full.