chapter 6

"All right, listen up," Kale told the others. "We're here for ten minutes. Has anyone seen those kids and their bird?"

"I think they're asleep." Sinbad said.

Kale decided to go to Sinbad Jr and Maritza. "Wake up, kids, it's time to--" he called out before he did a double take and smirked to what he just found.

Maritza and Sinbad Jr smiled as they slept together with her nuzzling into him while he held her. Salty soon woke up and smirked at what he saw. Kale chuckled and cleared his throat. Maritza and Sinbad Jr soon both woke up and they gasped once they realized how they were positioned and blushed.

"Morning." Kale smirked.

"Um... Uh... Good morning..." Maritza blinked as she rubbed her hair which was worn down since she kept her hair like that before bed. "How long have been standing there?"

"Oh, long enough," Kale replied. "Anyway, we're stopping for ten minutes, so if you guys need to do anything, do it now."

"All right." Sinbad Jr said.

Kale then left them alone.

"Uh, your hair is nice down." Sinbad Jr smiled to Maritza.

"Oh, thanks," Maritza smiled back. "Sometimes I wear it down for bed or when I'm going to something special, like the school dance."

"Maybe I'll come to one sometime." Sinbad Jr smiled back.

"Oh, that would be nice..." Maritza blushed.

"You ever go to one?" Sinbad Jr asked her.

"Well... I made a huge mistake one time..." Maritza replied. "I was asking a boy that my best friend has a crush on so I could talk him into going with her before Cassandra, this mean girl in our school, would do it."

"I'm guessing things didn't work out so well." Sinbad Jr said.

"Sabrina gets jealous pretty easily..." Maritza sighed. "I don't know whose is worse sometimes, hers or Cassandra's."

"Cassandra!" Drell called out even though he wouldn't hear her. "Definitely Cassandra!"

"I think it would be that mean girl Cassandra." Sinbad Jr said.

"She is a bit of a pain," Maritza glared. "Sometimes I'd just like to put her in her place."

They soon got ready for the day while not looking at each other. Salty even covered his eyes.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Drell censored the screen. "I do not wish to watch teenagers dress."

Soon enough, Sinbad Jr and Maritza were both dressed. Drell then changed the screen back to normal with a bashful smile to the others. Maritza, Salty, and Sinbad Jr joined the others on the island while Sinbad looked concerned about his ship.

"Everything okay?" Sinbad Jr asked.

"How did one woman do so much damage?" Sinbad muttered. "All right, I'm going to need the full set of chisels, the jack plane, and about a cord of cut wood."

"Yes, sir." Sinbad Jr saluted.

"All right, men, you heard the captain," Kale told the crew. "Find some logs and be quick about it."

"Oh, for heaven's sake!" Marina huffed. "You only need a little tree sap, and she'll be as good as new."

"Really?" Salty asked.

"That's my advice if anyone will take it." Marina replied.

"I think we should take her advice." Sinbad Jr said.