chapter 8

Soon enough, Sinbad, Marina, and Sinbad Jr were all falling once they entered the bright light to the Chaos Realm, and where they ended up in an area that looked like a desert. The sand dunes seemed to be moving which made them nearly flail around. Royal guards were shown through the sand just as well. Soon enough, a giant scorpion came out to them, and soon also came a fly, a lion, and an almost Godzilla-like monster as seen on constellations. Maritza was seen interacting with the creatures like they were pets. They seemed to trust her, but not Sinbad Jr, Marina, or Sinbad. Sinbad brought out a couple of swords to fight them with.

"Now, now, my pets~" Eris cooed as she made a dramatic entrance as always. "Is this any way to treat a guest?" She soon recognized Maritza with a smile.

"Okay, I'm severely creeped out." Sinbad whispered to Marina and his future son.

"Bravo, no mortal has ever made it to Tartarus before," Eris smirked as she slowly clapped before eyeing Maritza. "Alive, that is. Make yourself at home. Please, come closer, my dear, it's much better over here."

"We've come for the Book of Peace, Aunt Eris." Maritza said.

"Aunt Eris?!" The others repeated in shock.

"What makes you think I have it?" Eris replied innocently and cunningly.

Maritza simply looked unimpressed with her as she blinked.

"Well, I can tell you, my child~" Eris smirked with a giggle. "Can I trust you?"

"What's family for?" Maritza smirked back.

"Oh, that is simply true." Eris nodded.

"So, if you don't mind, where is this Book of Peace?" Maritza asked her ancestor.

"Why don't you come with me?" Eris replied, offering to show her the way as she slithered on the way to where the Book of Peace was kept.

Maritza nodded before following her. Sinbad Jr looked around and decided to secretly follow them.

"There it is, my dear~" Eris cooed as she put her arm around Maritza, showing the book as it hovered above a broken floor platform.

"So, can we have it back then?" Maritza asked Eris.

"Why do you want it so bad, my dear?" Eris smirked to her descendant.

"So, then Proteus doesn't die by execution." Maritza said

"Oh, you don't want Proteus to die, hmm?" Eris asked.

Maritza nodded to her ancestor. "Not one bit." She then added bravely and confidently.

"Hmm... Well, I suppose I could give you the book." Eris smirked.

"Thank you, Aunt Eris, I really appreciate it." Maritza replied.

"Only if Sinbad and your strong young friend play a little game of my choosing." Eris smirked.

"Um, what game would that be?" Maritza asked her ancestor.

"Yeah, what game?" Sinbad Jr added.

"Oh, I see you brought a friend." Eris smirked towards Sinbad Jr.

"We came with her." Sinbad Jr said.

"Well, all right, you can all play~" Eris smirked. "My game has rules, Sinbad... I'll ask you a question, one simple question, if you answer truthfully, the Book is yours."

"Who will you ask?" Maritza asked.

"You will each get one question each, but the rules apply to all of you." Eris smirked.