Two Little Feet

Gabriel

Today, I decided that I wanted to cook breakfast for Sabrina. Since she's going back to school soon, I want her to get as much rest this morning as she needs. I got out of bed and walk downstairs. When I walk in the kitchen, I noticed something very odd... The refrigerator is open and two little feet behind the door. The door close and I saw a little girl who look like Sabrina. She looks at me and she quickly looks down. I kneel and smile, "Hi, I'm Gabe." She looks at me and smiles shyly, "Hi, I'm Dakota Miller, and I'm nine."

She reminds me of Charlotte, "Is Sabrina your older sister?" I remember her when I saved Sabrina from Dre, I heard her call Sabrina's name. She nods, "She's the best sister in the whole wide world. Where is she?"

"She's upstairs, asleep." I went into the fridge and pull out some food to make breakfast, "How about I make breakfast for you and Sabrina?" She nods and smile.

I pick her up and place her on the counter. "How do you know my sister?" She asks as I was cracking eggs

"I... saved her." I didn't want to tell her I kidnapped her sister. How would that look as a first impression on her.

I go into my cabinet and fridge to grab the ingredients I need to cook breakfasts, as Dakota ask me more questions. "Gabe, do you like my sister?" She asks.

"Yes, I do."

"Do you like like my sister. Like would you kiss her?"

I look at her and smile, "Yes, A lot."

"Eww yucky!" We both laugh.

She watches and helps me make breakfast.

Sabrina

I woke up from the sun hitting my face. I got out of bed and walk to my room to check on Dakota, she wasn't there. I look in the bathroom, she wasn't in there either. I ran out of the room and quickly walk down the stairs. I hear laughter from in the kitchen. I walk in the kitchen to see Dakota and Gabe talking and laughing. "Sabrina!" Dakota got out of her seat, ran towards me, and hugs me. For a nine-year-old, she's so tiny. She's always been this way all her life.

"Good morning, Dakota." I pick her up and kiss her cheek, "I see you've met Gabe."

"Yep." She smiles. She whispers in my ear, "He said he likes you likes you." Gabe chuckles at what she says.

"I know." I whisper loud enough for Gabe to hear, "I like him like him too." I put her down, "Now, are you done eating?" She nods, "Okay, go upstairs and watch T.V. I need to talk to Gabe. Then we'll get dress for our girl's day out."

"Okay." She smiles, "Bye Gabe."

"Bye Dakota." Gabe wave

She runs upstairs. Gabe gets up from his chair me and kiss me. "Good morning, Babe." I fix myself a plate. "Morning Love." He wraps his arm around my waist, "Where did you find her?"

"Gabe," I drop my plate on the counter. I sigh, holding back my tears, "I found her sleeping in a dumpster last night, while I was walking Winter."

"What?"

"Yeah, after you shot Dre, they couldn't find Keisha, my older sister. So, the cops took the kids. Dakota ran away before they could get her."

"Wow."

"Yeah, so I was wondering if she could stay with us?"

"You don't even have to ask me that. Of course, she can." I smile and hug him, "I'll enroll her in the same school Charlotte goes to. And since Charlotte is coming today, you three girls can go out and shop, since Dakota needs some new clothes to wear and school supplies."