Recovery Road

Sabrina

I've been in the hospital for almost a month now. Today they're finally releasing me to go home. I'm sad that I can't take Issy home yet. Gabe and I must wait until the doctors say it's okay to take her home until she's healthy enough to leave.

As Gabe signs my release papers, I went to the nursery to see Issy. I walk in to see her peacefully sleeping. I ask the nurse if I could touch her, she said yes but I must be gentle. I put my hand into the hole, and I gently touch her hand. I shed a tear as I begin to rub her hand. She grabs my index finger with her small hand. I sigh, "Issy it's s mommy. I love you so much." I saw her lips curl into a smile. More tears ran down my face.

I start to sing my favorite song to her, Wild Is the Wind by Amel Larrieux. I hear the door open. I turn around to see Gabe walk in. Gabe kiss my head, "How's she doing?" He asks.

"They say that she's fine for right now. She gained a pound this past week." I say while looking at Issy

He smiles, "That's great."

I turn to him and smile. I look back at Issy, "She's so precious." Another tear sheds down my face. Gabe sit next to me, "She going to be okay." He kisses my cheek, "Let Issy get some rest." I grab Gabe's hand and leave the nursery

The ride back home was silent. I couldn't stop thinking about Issy. I'm so thankful that she's still alive, but I'm praying that she'll make it.

When Gabe parks the car, he got out and help me out. We got to the front door, Gabe unlocks and opens the door. I walk inside. The first thing I see is the stairway. The image of me falling and the what the woman who push me said kept playing in my head. The closer I got to the stairs, the more it plays in my mind. Before I could place my foot on the first step, I fainted. Gabe caught me before I fell to the floor.

Gabriel

It been a few weeks since Sabrina fainted. She's been in bed since, not really talking to anyone. She has been beating herself up about Issy. Being completely honest, I've beaten myself up about it too. I should've stayed home that night instead of going to work.

Tanner, Dad, and I have been trying to find out who tried to kill Sabrina. The only that she told me was that it was a woman and that she told her that was her first warning. "You still haven't found anything?" My dad asks

"No." I answer

"Just give it some time." He pats my shoulder.

I'm confused, why would anyone want to hurt her? Sabrina is the nicest person that anyone you could ever meet in your life. Beside her past life..." I should've fucking known. I grab my keys and walk out of my office at home.

Dad follows me down the hall, "What is it son?"

"I think I know who did it. But I need to go talk to a reliable source."

I walk to my room to check on Sabrina. I open the door to see Sabrina in bed with Char and Kota. The girls were asleep, and Sabrina was watching TV. I walk to the bed and kiss her lips, "How are you feeling Love?"

She shrugs, "Okay, I guess? Are you going somewhere?" She says softly

"Yea, but I'll be back before midnight. Dad is going to stay here until I call him to tell him that I'm almost here." She nods, "I'll take the girls to Kota's room." I pick up the girls.

"Okay be careful out there. I love you."

I kiss her, "I promise I will. I love you too. Get some rest."

After I put the girls to bed, I go downstairs to tell pops that'll be right back and to watch Sabrina and the girls. I got in the car and drove off. Arriving at my destination, I got out of the car and walk inside the New York Rehab Center. I told the woman up front who I came to see. She walks me down the hall to her room. I knock on the door. "Come in." She answers

I walk inside to see her sitting in a chair, reading a book. "Hi Keisha Miller?" She looks up from her book and stares at me. "My name is Gabriel Renzo, I'm here to talk to you about Sabrina. I need you to ask you a few questions about what happened to her."

"Please," She gestures at the empty chair, "have a seat." She smiles, "Ask away. How are my sisters?"

****************************

Walking inside the house, I walk upstairs to my room. I talk to Keisha for about an hour and a half about her ex-boyfriend, Sabrina, and Dakota. Even though I don't know Keisha, I'm glad that she's in rehab. She told me how she wants to take her son away from Dre and she wants to leave New York when she gets out.

I take off my clothes when I walk in my room, leaving me only on my briefs. I lie down in bed to see Sabrina wasn't laying and asleep next to me. "Sabrina?" I speak

I call her again. This time the bathroom door opens, and she walks out with tears down her eyes. I get out of bed and walk towards her. I pick her up and kiss her on the cheek. She has some days where she'll cry about what happened. I try to be there for her as much as I can. I place her in the bed, and I lay next to her. She crawls towards me, hold me tight, and falls asleep. I kiss her forehead and caress her hair, thinking about that night. Why didn't I stay home that night? If I would stayed home, that night wouldn't have happened. Isabella would still be inside Sabrina would still be happy.

I turn off the lamp and fall asleep.

**********************************

I decided to stay home today with Sabrina. Zach took the girls out to have some fun, so we were alone in the house. We were in the kitchen; Sabrina was cooking us lunch while I looked over some paperwork. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looks at me and bites her bottom lip. As she continues to cook, she drops a spoon. She bends down to pick it.

I get up from my chair, walking behind her. She gets back up, feeling my chest touching her back. I caress her arms and kiss her neck. I begin unbuttoning her shirt dress revealing her bra and underwear.

"Damn." I say under my breath. Her body still looks so fucking good. She tries to cover her body, but I stop her. "Love you still look beautiful." I whisper and smile. She smiles and kiss my lips. I pick her up, walk her over to the island and sit her down. She grabs my shirt, kissing my neck and moving up to my lips. Sabrina hasn't kiss or touch me like this since she came home from the hospital. She begins to move her hands down to my belt buckle. I stop her by grabbing her hands. "You sure you're ready for this now?" I ask her

She nods, "I am. I want and need you right now." She kisses my lips, taking off my pants. "I love you."

"I love you too." I kiss her passionately, unstrapping her bra.