part five

"Tell me everything!" said Ian, storming through my front door. He was sleeping over after my recording session with Matt and Joba. Ian was having a rough night with his family so he needed the break anyways. I laughed, standing from the couch and pulling him into a bear hug. "I will reveal it all." I said dramatically, gesturing towards the couch. We crashed down into the cusions and faced each other. "So, Matt texted me before we left because he was stuck on a lyric. I helped him out and then he showed up like maybe fifteen minutes later. We drove over to Joba's and that was pretty fast. The ride was kinda silent, we just sang along to the radio." I shrugged. "Anyways, so we get to Joba's. He takes us to the booth in the back and we go over everything with him. I mainly watched Matt do his thing. To be honest, it was kinda hot." I blushed, making Ian laugh. "I literally can't believe you're this worked up over him. He's short and white, the opposite of what you usually go for." he smirked.

"It's something about his energy, I don't know. So yeah, I recorded some backup vocals with Joba. He's so fucking talented by the way. You should work with him more." I said, raising an eyebrow. "I talked to him about getting him to produce a track of mine. We'll see how it goes." mumbled Ian. "So yeah, recording took a while. We were all kinda in our element. We wrapped up and then he drove me back home. He thanked for helping him out and I said that it was no problem. I was getting out of the car and then he like kinda nervously asked me if I'd be down to do something like that again." I said, blushing intensely. "He didn't!" yelled Ian excitedly. I nodded and laughed, looking down at my lap. "I told him I'd be down and then I came in here." I sighed, gesturing to our surroundings. "He totally fucking likes you." smiled Ian, poking at my sides. I rolled my eyes and shrugged. "I doubt it."

Ian grabbed my phone and raced up the stairs, laughing excitedly. I took off after him, yelling and jumping on his back. "What are you doing?" I asked, clawing at his hands for my phone. "Inviting him over!" he said, typing rapidly on my phone. "'No! I just saw him. That's super fucking weird!" I pleaded, slumping off  of his back as he sent the text. "It's not weird. I invited Merlyn and Ameer. It's a movie night." he smirked, passing me back my phone. "I literally hate you, Ian." I groaned, stomping down the stairs and walking over to the kitchen. I ordered two pizzas and started popping some popcorn. "Watch, you'll be thanking me after tonight." he smiled, hopping onto the counter. "Or killing you." I muttered, giving him a side eye. He just smiled mischievously. I brought down some blankets for the couches and set up Netflix on the TV. "Alright, do we need anything else?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Meryln and Ameer walked through the door excitedly. "I brought wine!" said Ameer, holding up the large bottle of red wine. "Such a mom." I giggled, taking it from his hands and putting it in the kitchen. "Why did y'all plan this so last minute?" asked Merlyn, grabbing a handful of popcorn and tossing it into his mouth. "Ian jacked my phone and invited Matt and you guys over." I sighed, hopping up on the counter next to Ian. Ameer opened the wine bottle and poured everyone a cup. I thanked him and took a long sip. "Only because they totally vibed when they were recording with Joba today." argued Ian with a shrug. "Whatever the case, I'm glad to get out of the house." mumbled Ameer, taking a sip of his cup. A light knock sounded at the door and my face immediately went red. Merlyn saved me of my embarrassment and opened the door, letting Matt in. "Hey guys." said Matt with a wave. Ameer handed him a cup of wine and he smiled appreciatively.

We finished our drinks and walked over to the family room, crashing down onto the couches. Merlyn and Ameer sprawled onto one of the couches, while Matt, Ian, and I took the other couch. Ian purposefully made me sit next to Matt, making me blush. Ameer and Ian argued over which movie to watch until they decided on Midnight in Paris. I brought up my knees and put my feet on the edge of the cusion, pulling a blanket over my frame. "Cold?" whispered Matt. "A little." I shrugged, turning my attention to the TV. I felt him shift and wrap an arm around me. My fave turned hot as the blush crept over my cheeks. Thank god we were in the dark. I leaned into his frame as we watched the movie. "I love this movie." he mumbled, absentmindedly rubbing his thumb across my back. I looked up at him and smiled. "Me too." Our eyes locked, faces inches apart. He began to lean in when we were interrupted by the pizza at the door. I sighed, stepping up from the couch and grabbing the food. "Time to eat!" yelled Merlyn excitedly, jumping off of the couch.

We ate quickly, making small talk and music. Once we finished up with our slices, we cleaned up our plates and headed back to the couches to finish the movie. Matt wrapped his arm around me the second we sat down, making me smile. The movie went on for a while with Matt and I both paying attention. By the time it was finishing, the three other guys had already dozed off. "I guess they were tired." I giggled, turning off the TV. We walked over to the kitchen to avoid waking them up. I put away the leftovers and thanked Matt as he washed the few dishes in the sink. I wiped down the counters and made sure everything was picked up. "Sorry the night ended earlier than expected. I didn't think the guys would crash so quickly." I admitted, pushing my hair back behind my ear. "It's cool, I had a good time." he shrugged. I led him over to the front door. "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Hopefully." he smirked, sending me a small wink and walking out to his car.