part eight

So much had happened in the past few months. I watched the guys record and wrote my own music, and it all flew by so fucking quickly. Matt and I graduated. We had gotten together a few weeks after that day at Joba's. We were both pretty happy. Matt was a lot cheesier than I ever expected. He was definitely the more romantic one of the two of us. Our friends were all so excited that we had gotten together. Ian told Matt how hard he had tried to get us together. Aside from music and and the stuff with Matt, life was still pretty boring. Matt, Joba, and I were headed to TSU in a few months and we were getting ready to move out there. They had named the boyband Brockhampton, and the guys that Ian had met online were moving down to San Marcos with us to work on their first project.

In the middle of all the chaos, I had finally gotten the email I had been waiting for. UCLA had gotten back to me. I didn't tell anyone at first because I didn't want to open it. That rejection would kill me. I left it like that for a few days, sitting in my inbox. I physically couldn't bring myself to open it. It was one time Matt was spending the night, we were up talking about graduation and our summer plans. I don't know how he knew something was up, but he did. "What's going on, Cat? There's something you're not telling me." he mumbled, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. "Don't get mad." I sighed, sitting up and pushing my hair away from my face. He raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to tell him what was going on. "I have an email from UCLA." I admitted, looking down at my lap.

He immediately sat up, rubbing at his tired eyes. "W-What? What did they say?" he asked, reaching for my hands. "I haven't opened it yet. I'm literally too scared." I mumbled, leaning into his bare chest. He wrapped his arms around me with a sigh. "Babe, you've gotta open it before the deadline catches up with you." he said, running his fingers through my hair. "Fine." I groaned, reaching for my phone. I unlocked it with my thumbprint and anxiously scrolled to the mail app. My stomach turned when I saw the email at the top of my inbox. "Your admission decision is now available." I whispered, my finger hovering over the message. I closed my eyes and clicked on it. Matt rubbed his hand on my arm. I opened my eyes and immediately lost my breath. My hand flew to my mouth as the tears filled my eyes. "I-I got in." I screamed, launching myself into his arms. We fell back against the bed, screaming in excitement.

And then that's when things started getting hard for us. I was moving far away, and that was kinda hard for the two of us. Our relationship was still pretty new. We weren't sure if we could make the distance work. After talking it over, we decided to try it. Thank god that we did. The guys tried to do the music thing in San Marcos for a while, almost a year. Matt was doing school but he wasn't really liking it. I was majoring in music and loving life in LA, but I missed the guys a lot. I had made a lot of great friends and connections, made a lot of music, and written my best songs as of yet. The guys needed to expand. San Marcos was too small for Brockhampton. They had released their mixtape, Ian had released just American Boyfriend, but things weren't adding up.

They decided to move to LA. Matt and I would finally be together again after a year of being apart. Matt was arriving today and staying with me for a couple of days before the guys would officially move into the house they were renting in South Central. I anxiously awaited his arrival as I sat on my bed. I lived in a suite style dorm but thankfully didn't have to share my actual room with anyone else. My roommates were nice enough but we all kinda just did our own thing. My phone lit up with Matt's face and I smiled excitedly, answering the call. "Hello?" I said, bringing the phone to my ear. "Hey, I'm downstairs." he smirked. I grabbed my keys and ran down the stairs and out the front door. I smiled widely as I saw him, running up to him and jumping in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, hiding my face in his neck. "Hey, baby." he mumbled, wrapping his arms around my waist. We pulled apart after a few moments and took the elevator up to my floor. He had two huge suitcases with him.

We hadn't seen each other since I went home for my winter break and I had missed him so fucking much. I ruffled his hair and smiled. "Thank god you cut it." I giggled, pecking his lips lightly. He laughed and shook his head, fixing his hair. We walked into my suite and went straight to my room. "I missed you, mi amor (my love)." I whispered, rubbing my thumb against his cheek. "I missed you too." he said softly, pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back, resting my arms on his shoulders. He lifted my legs up to wrap around him, making me smile into the kiss. I had seriously missed feeling him in my arms, his lips against mine. This was all I needed. We lost ourselves in the kiss, only pulling apart to take a breath. "I fucking love you." he mumbled, brushing his nose against mine. I smirked, jumping off him and walking to the front of my room. I locked the door behind me, making him raise an eyebrow suggestively. "Come here, Champion." I said, laughing as he threw me over his shoulder. We were so fucking happy.