part ten

Brockhampton had just dropped Saturation. It was literally so fucking incredible. They had put out five music videos leading up to its release and they were all really well done. Kevin had directed them all and had done a really incredible job with them. Matt was really happy with the end product and the night the album dropped we celebrated in the best way we knew how. The guys invited all of their close friends and got pizza and weed. It was the ideal combination. Seeing their success made me bittersweet because I would be leaving on tour in a week and it felt like time was flying by way too quickly. The memories we had together were incredible, but I didn't want them to stop.

We smoked a ton and listened to the album over and over, particularly to STAR. Everyone was so excited to see their work manifested into a final product. Joba was really happy with the production as well. I sat on Matt's lap on the couch, head resting in the crook of his neck. "Let's go for a walk." he mumbled, kissing the top of my head. I lifted my head up to meet his gaze, pecking his lips lightly. "You sure you don't wanna stay with the boys? It's your day." I mumbled, bumping my nose against his lightly. "Yeah, I wanna be with you." he sighed, rubbing his hand over my lower back. I stood from the couch, slipping on my sneakers and following him outside. "Wanna go for a drive?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I smiled and nodded, sliding into the passengers seat.

He started the car and drove off out of the neighborhood. He had one hand on the steering wheel and the other hand in mine. He had turned the radio off, making me sense that he wanted to talk about something. "So I talked to Ian." he started, making me raising an eyebrow. I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb soothingly. "We're gonna be busy making the next album, but he said I could join you on your tour for a few weeks so long as I'm able to work from over there." he smiled, instantly making my eyes go wide. "Y-you can come?" I asked excitedly, squeezing his hand. He laughed and nodded, kissing the top of my hand as he kept his eyes on the road. "If you want me to." he smirked, making me roll my eyes. "Of course I do, amorcito (love). We're gonna go across the country together. This is amazing." I said excitedly.

Matt pulled up to a burger place, making me laugh. "You hungry?" I joked, making him smile. We exited the car and walked through the front doors hand in hand. We grabbed our food and took a seat at a nearby booth. "Babe, can I ask you something" I mumbled, nibbling on some fries. He raised an eyebrow, urging me to continue. "Do you think I should be doing this tour? I feel like it's a lot of pressure." I admitted. He signed. putting down his food. "Cat, you're so fucking talented. It would suck if you didn't share that with other people." he encouraged, reaching for my hand across the table. "Plus, I love when you perform. It's pretty hot." he smirked. I rolled my eyes, throwing a french fry at him with a giggle. "But seriously, don't second guess yourself. You deserve this." he said, taking a bite of his food. We finished up our burgers before hopping back into the car.

We spent the rest of the day at one of our favorite parks. We usually came here just to lay in the sun, smoke, and watch the sunset. We laid out on an old blanket we kept in the car and passed my dab pen in between the two of us. There wasn't anyone else around, and this sunset just felt like it was for us. Everything was working out and going so well. I was honestly so relieved that things were looking up for the both of us. We put everything on the line to move out to LA and it was finally paying off. Our dreams were just starting to come true. I had my head resting on his arm, my hand under his shirt as I ran my nails soothingly across his chest. He turned to face me, looking deeply into my eyes. "I love you so fucking much." he mumbled, bumping his nose against mine. "Te amo. (I love you.)" I whispered, crashing my lips against his.