part nineteen

Matt and I were finishing up the song with Joba. It ended up coming out really cute, and I felt like
it brought us even closer together. We hadn't really talked about the thing with my parents. I wasn't sure what I was gonna do about the situation, but I had definitely been thinking about it. Joba finished mixing the song before playing it back to us. I smiled as I listened to it, leaning my body against Matt's. He wrapped an arm around me, kissing the top of my head. Once the song finally finished, I squealed excitedly and hugged Joba from behind. "You're an icon, thank you for doing this for me." I smiled. "Just doing my job as a public servant." he joked, making us laugh. "I'll send you the file so you can get it to the label. Your album's almost done." said Joba, turning to face us in his chair. "I know, it's kinda scary." I admitted.

"It'll be great." mumbled Matt, rubbing my back supportively. I thanked Joba a million more times before heading back to Matt's room with him. We crashed onto the bed, entangling ourselves with each other. Matt was a little sniffly, so I knew he was getting sick. I leaned up against his chest, resting my arms around his shoulders. I pressed quick kisses all over his face, making him chuckle. My legs were on either side of him, and he cupped my face in his hands before kissing me. I kissed him back, rolling my hips against his. He moved his lips to my neck, sucking harshly and making me moan quietly. "You're gonna get me sick." I groaned, nuzzling my face in his neck. "I'm not sick." he objected, resting his hands on the side of my hips and squeezing them lightly.  "I know how you work, Matt. You'll be sick tomorrow morning." I smirked, pecking his lips lightly. "Whatever." he mumbled, hiding his face in my neck.

There was a light knock on the door. "Is it safe to go in? I need to grab some stuff." said Ashlan from the door. I laughed loudly, telling him to come in. I slid off of Matt's chest as Ashlan walked in. "Sorry." he said, earning a chuckle from Matt. "You're good." he smiled, turning over to face me. I bumped my nose against his, hiding my face in his chest. Ashlan closed the door behind him, shutting off the lights. "I've never been with anyone for as long as we've been together." admitted Matt. "Neither have I." I shrugged, runnng my nails through his hair. "But this feels right. It's still as fun as it was at the beginning." he explained, making me smile. "I've loved you since the first day you kissed me, babe." I giggled, pecking his lips lightly. "Fuck, so much has changed since then." he said, looking deeply into my eyes. "Two idiots and their friends went from nothing to all this. It's crazy." I nodded. We talked for a bit before drifting off to sleep.

-

Once we woke up, we stayed in bed for a bit before Matt got bored. He was pretty restless sometimes. "Let's go out on a date, it's been a while." he suggested, to which I agreed. I stood from the bed and walked over to his mirror, fixing my hair before turning back to him. "What'd you have in mind?" I wondered, raising an eyebrow. "I don't know. Let's go to the Grove and see what we can find." he shrugged, standing from the bed. I walked up to him and took his hand, pecking his lips quickly. We headed downstairs, yelling a goodbye over our shoulders and hopping in the car. Matt rested his hand on my thigh as he drove. I leaned my head against the seat, watching as the landscapes transformed while he drove. These moments with him were my favorites. We weren't trying, but we still loved each other. I looked over at him, pinching his cheek lightly and making him laugh.

It took us a while to get there with LA traffic, but we parked and walked through the mall hand in hand. We stopped by an Urban Outfitters, catching both of our attentions. I looked through the racks, picking out a couple of pieces to try on. Matt approached me holding a really cute pink hoodie. "Should I get this?" he asked, holding it up. "It's cute." I shrugged, feeling the material between my fingers and nodding. "You should get one so we can match." he smirked, making me laugh. "Wow you're so fucking cheesy." I said, shaking my head. "Excuse me?" said a small voice behind me. I turned and saw a girl that was maybe eighteen smiling sheepishly. "A-Are you Catalina?" she asked nervously. I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, that's me." Her eyes widened as her smile grew. "Oh my god, I love your music so much! I saw you open for Banks and you were so good!" she gushed. "Thank you so much, you're so cute!" I giggled, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Could I take a picture?" she asked as we pulled away. "Of course!" I smiled. "I'll take it." Matt offered, her handing him the phone. We both posed with a smile, Matt taking a few before passing it back to her. "What's your name, angel?" I asked. facing her. "Teresa." she replied. "It was so nice to meet you." I said, pulling her into a final hug before saying our goodbyes. I turned back to Matt, eyes wide. "If this becomes a common thing I'm gonna break up with you." he joked, making me laugh loudly. "Shut up, people are gonna start recognizing you soon, too." I mumbled, leaning against him and pecking his lips lightly. I went over to the dressing room and tried on a few pieces, leaving with a new top and a pair of skinny jeans. I walked back over to Matt who was looking at some pants. "You ready?" I asked, placing my free hand on his arm. "As soon as you match me." he smirked, referring to his hoodie.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, grabbing the hoodie and adding it to the clothes hanging on my arm. We paid for our stuff and headed out to dinner, settling on a Mexican place nearby. I ordered chicken tacos, and Matt got a burrito. We munched on some chips while we talked about how he was feeling about the Sat II drop. I pulled out my phone and told him to pose. He smiled goofily, making me smile. I quickly snapped the photo and posted it to Instagram with the caption "imagine being this cute. also, s/o to teresa! thanks for saying hi cutie". Matt saw the caption and smirked, reaching for my hand over the table. "Today was fun." I smiled, running my hands over his knuckles. "It's because I'm fun." he joked, making me giggle. "The funnest." I nodded. We ate our meal before heading back to the car, hand in hand and ready to take on the world.