10,000 Reasons to Not Let Me Go

Zoe hadn't called Evan in a week. Did she not want the kiss? Who knows. Evan couldn't worry about this. Not just to avoid Connor, but also because he wanted to succeed in his little reinvention, which meant not getting upset over these things.

Evan wanted to wait for her to call. He didn't want to pressure her or anything. He once said he'd give her 10,000 reasons to not let him go. But now he wanted her to discover those on her own instead of giving them to her. Yes, he's wanted her since a time he doesn't remember anymore.

Zoe finally called after a couple of weeks. "Hey, sorry it took me so long. I was busy with family stuff." She explained when he answered. He wanted to ask what happened, but that wouldn't show his change. "No, it's fine." He says instead. "So I was thinking we could... hang out?" She seemed nervous. "Sure. Do you want to come over here? We could watch a movie or something." Evan said cautiously. "Sure." She said after moments of nothing.

Evan made sure he looked great for Zoe. Zoe was adorable as usual but simple. "Hey." She said as Evan opened the door. "Hey." Evan smiled shyly but happily. "So what movie are we watching?" She asked, smiling. "Take your pick." Evan led her to his shelf, filled with all kinds of movies. Zoe looked for a bit then something caught her eye. She pulled out the DVD for The Greatest Showman. "You have this?" She laughed. "Of course. I saw it opening night." Evan said proudly. "Wow. I didn't even see it that early. And I love Zac Efron." Zoe joked. "Do you...?" Evan asked. "Definitely." She said.

They both sang along to the songs. They sang quietly during the first few. Evan got louder during The Other Side, Zoe during This Is Me, then they both were loud during Rewrite the Stars. They looked at each other during the bridge, then looked away. Evan enjoyed the time with her. He also enjoyed watching her watch the movie. He used to talk about how she would get this smile, like she had just heard the funniest thing in the world, that was the smile she had while she watched this movie. After the second half of The Greatest Show, the credits began to roll. "That... was amazing." Zoe laughs. "Yes, yes it was." Evan agrees. 

Evan enjoyed spending time with Zoe. Getting to joke and singing, is just a little bit of those 10,000 reasons. He wanted her to hold on and never let go, as he did more than a year ago. 

Dear Evan Hansen,

Today was an amazing day because Zoe finally called. We watched The Greatest Showman together. I love the time I spend with her. I hope it stays like this for... forever.

Sincerely, Your Best and Most Dearest Friend,

Me.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. I kept thinking about Only Us so I made a chapter kind of on it. So I hope you enjoyed it, the references, and the Greatest Showman part. Bye!