If I Could Tell Her

He was gonna do it. He was finally gonna do it. He was finally gonna ask that big question: Will you be my girlfriend? It was absolutely terrifying. What if she said no. She said she forgave him but what if didn't want to date him. Well, he couldn't blame her... he did deceive her and her family.

Whatever. He was gonna do it. He wanted to do it in a cute way... which when done by him came off super cheesy. But he liked cheesy.

He knocked on the Murphy's door, waiting patiently for someone to come. Mrs Murphy opened it, smiled widely when she saw Evan. "Evan! What brings you here?" She asks loudly. "I-I wanted t-to um... talk to Zoe." He stutters. "Oh. Of course." She leaves him at the door and goes to the foot of the stairs. "Zoe! Evan's here!" She yells to her. Zoe yells something back that Evan didn't hear clearly.

Zoe comes down after a couple of minutes. "Hey." She smiles. Man, her smile was amazing. "Hey." He smiled back. "Did you need something?" She asked, still grinning. "O-oh. I-i just wanted to ask you a question?" Evan studders. Mrs Murphy must have figured out what was happening because she mouthed an "Oh" and scurried towards the kitchen.

"So, what did you want to ask me?" Zoe asks. Evan nervously took her hands in his. "Evan?" Zoe didn't understand. "Zoe, you mean a lot to me. There are more than 10,000 reasons that I have for you to not let me go. So Zoe, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.

Zoe was quiet. Too quiet. Was this a no? He was terrified. Was his hands sweaty? Ew, was he sweating all over her hands? 

Zoe stood there for a minute, silent and almost blank. That terrified Evan. Silence from Zoe made him nervous. She was like a rock... then finally smiled. "Yes."