We've Been Way Too Out of Touch

Evan couldn't contain his excitement. That was the best date they'd ever had. Wait... was that a date? It seemed kind of like one.

"This is getting pretty annoying." Connor lays his head on the desk. "Why are you back?" Evan asked. "Again, that big fight means nothing. I'm staying and you're gonna have to just deal with it." Connor sits up and crosses his arms.

"But why do you have to be Connor? You know that brings up bad memories." Evan sits on his bed. "I thought you'd want to be more close with your best friend after his tragic death." Connor says dramatically. "Don't call him that." Evan had felt like he could have been friends with Connor, but the lie that he was was too much to bear.

"Fine. I won't." All of a sudden, Evan's father was in the room. Evan looked over, expecting him to be gone, to find him sitting exactly where Connor was. "What is wrong with you?" Evan almost jumped out of his skin. "Do I have your attention now?" Evan's father asks. "Can you please change back?" Evan begs. "Okay." Connor was now back. "I really hate you. You know that?" Evan looks away. "Aw." Connor does a fake pouting face.

Evan hated these conversations. If it weren't for "Connor" Evan would never have had to admit what really happened in his fall.

"Well. As I was saying. This whole 'dating, not dating' thing is getting pretty old. Just ask her already." Connor says. "Why do you care about my love life?" Evan asks defensively. "Because Evan. I'm your subconscious. It's my job." Connor explains. "It's annoying." Evan argues. "So are you when it comes to Zoe." Connor defends. "Leave. Please." Evan says, tired of this conversation. He had more important things to tend to: him and Zoe's relationship.

So, guys. This was not just a filler. I wanted to do a chapter dedicated to this whole "Connor is Evan's subconscious' face" thing. So that's what I did. Next chapter some BIG stuff happens. Connor comes back to life! Kidding. Maybe... Bye y'all!