A Flaw in the System

[Blake's POV]

I drove back to Assuru Global as soon as I finished delivering the package. I went back to my workspace to find more packages that needed to be delivered, so I delivered them. After my shift was over, I headed around the back of the main building to a sprinkler system and several oil tanks. A few people were watering plants that helped produce supplies for people. I had to get them away from the sprinkler systems to get phase one finished.

"Hey!" I called. "Mr. King is looking for status reports on the plants." An older man laughed like it was a joke. "Young man, King doesn't look at status reports, he sends them to Governor Redding." "Exactly, King wants them right now so he can send them to the Governor!" I responded loudly. The crowd glanced at me, then one another and finally ran off in a bustle.

I then moved all the sprinkler systems to the entrance of the building. Then, I grabbed 2 or 3 buckets of oil and splashed them in the building. I then turned all the sprinklers on, and a giant buzzing alarm went off. Pleased with myself, I moved onto phase two: ruin the shipments.

[Kellan's POV]

Terri and I went to the power storage unit on the Eastern side of the main building. She got a pair of tweezers and I grabbed a ladder. We went to several power lines and clipped a small circuit that would ruin the whole light process.

We had to do at least 30 of them before we knew that the system would not be running anymore. Since we finished early, we decided to help Blake with the shipments.

Eventually, we got to the shipment building where packages were being sent to different places in Texas. Blake was already there, putting several trucks out of line, so they wouldn't deliver anything else. Terri poured oil into the water, so boats couldn't go overseas. Finally, I burned several packages in a big fire, so the packages couldn't be seen ever again.

"We did it!" Terri smiled happily. I nodded and thanked Blake. "So, the Thinning should stop now. Get everyone out of here, Blake." I stated. He nodded and rushed to get the other workers. I sent Terri home, and waited at the school entrance for Laina. Hopefully, we got there in time.

A/N:

Hey guys! I'm really sorry it's been like a month since I've updated this book. I've had a lot of stress recently, so that's the main reason why. Updates will be slow because I'm also starting swim team again at school this year, so I apologize if the updates aren't coming out fast.

Thanks to everyone who likes this book! You all are amazing! See you in the next chapter guys! Bye!