Fire!!!

[Laina's POV]

We were all dragged down the same hallway and we had to go through the same procedures. Then, we were all tightly secured. Mason King directly looked me in the eye and smirked. "You ready to pay the price, Ms. Michaels?" "What price, King? I deserved to be free. I worked hard for it. Why do you think I need to pay the price?" "I never liked you, Laina. I always wanted you to fail. I watched you grow up, and everyday, I imagined you dying in front of my eyes. How, I wished you were dead already, but that will commence soon. Right after I call the Governor."

I stared at him as he walked away with his cell phone in hand. I didn't have much time left. I wanted out. At least my kids would be safe for at least another year. I hope they will grow stronger and stronger than before. I loved them with all my heart, and now I have to say goodbye.

King came back in and put the phone on speakerphone. I assumed it was Governor Redding. I can't believe he's still doing such a terrible thing to society. Even if it was his own son. "Sir," King said, "we are ready to commence the Thinning. I need you're approval first." We all waited in silence for the final verdict. Finally, Redding spoke up. "You are approved." Mason King hung up the phone and surgeons brought out the familiar syringes again. They filled them with a suspicious liquid and faced us.

I tried to resist as much as I could, but the nurse kept inching towards me slowly each time. I shut my eyes and jerked my head back. Then, I heard a siren. "What now!" King yelled loudly, making the room shake in fear. A young man about 20 years old rushed in.

"I'm sorry, Mr. King, but there's been a slight problem." "Well, what is it?" King got into the young boy's face. The boy trembled. "There's a fire, Sir..."