Letter #8

I used to love you so dearly. You're another person I met over that dumb website from so long ago, but I still remember all of it like it was just last week. I loved you, although you lived in a completely different place; in fact, on the other side of the world in Australia. That website was the only possible way we could communicate to each other, although it was a rather difficult way to do so. I remember you telling me you liked me, too. I don't like to remember any of this, and for a while, I actually did manage to forget about all of this. About you. About everything that happened.

  I remember us always talking about how someday we were going to meet. How we were going to maybe be together, because we loved each other at the time. We were like the same person, with very few differences. It was strange, but I still adored you.

  Then, one day you stopped logging on. You stopped talking to me. A week passed by, then another. You would've talked to me by now, I know that for sure. A month went by, then one of your siblings logged onto your account.

  I got the news that you killed yourself. I moved on, quite obviously, but I still miss our friendship. You had a long life to live, why would you take that away from yourself like that? If you told me, I would've done anything I could to try to stop you... I loved you.

-Lucas