Letter #9

I know you've been through a lot in your life, and I'm proud of you. I'm proud you've made it this far. I'm proud you got out of the insane drugs you were into, and I'm proud you stopped everything else that I don't even want to mention. I remember how we used to hang out when we were little, and I remember hanging out with your brother a lot, too. You have always been my favorite, no matter what. My parents used to make fun of you for anything they could think of, but even through that, you were still my favorite and I still defended you.

  We haven't really seen each other for years. The only times we've seen each other was a glance, but no words were really ever spoken. It makes me sad knowing we don't talk anymore. It's sad how we used to talk so much and hang out so often, yet now we don't do anything like that. We only really see each other at the family gatherings we're both invited to, like the one two days before Christmas. That family gathering was hosted to try to bond the family back together, but I'm not sure if it worked out very well to be honest. But besides that, before that gathering, you texted me a week or two before saying how you'd really like to hang out with me someday and catch up, and how you can't wait to see me or talk to me at the gathering. Then, the day came and we never said a word to each other. That made me disappointed; I was really looking forward to talking to you and hanging out like before. Maybe we were both too nervous to talk, I don't know, but it was still nice to see you, even though we never exchanged a word.

  I don't know much about you. I don't even know how old you are or when you got your first tattoo. I don't know what your favorite color is or anything. But I know you don't know much of anything about me, either. Some day we really should just spend a day or two together to catch up. That would be really nice, and I'd definitely appreciate that.

  Oh, also, I really like all of your tattoos and your hair (even though it's literally the same color as mine right now. Yes, I dyed my hair to lowkey twin with you). You're also just a really cool person in general, and you have always been my favorite cousin, and apparently I've always been yours, too. At least, that's what you say. I'd love to say more, but I better keep this somewhat short.

  Love you dearly, cuz.

  -Lucas