12 - Darkness

~Two Years Later~

"Y/N."

"Y/N."

"Join me"

"Darkness."

"Anger."

"Strength."

"Power."

"Join me."

"Y/N."

"Y/N."

You gasp, sitting up straight in your cot. You put a hand to your chest to slow your breathing as you try and calm down. While your heart may be racing, your mind was running double. Eventually, your heart beat and breathing slowed and you were back to normal, though your mind was still racing. You squeeze your eyes shut as your try and recall the strange dream. But it didn't feel like a dream. It felt real. Like there really was something whispering and spitting those words in your ear. It couldn't have been a dream. It felt different. The words the creature spat swirl in your head and repeat continuously until you have a headache. Darkness? Anger? Strength? Join me? Join who? Did you even hear any of that or are you just imagining things? Maybe all of this was just your head playing tricks on you.

You come to the conclusion that this was all a figment of your imagination and you go back to sleep. As you lie back down again, you feel your eyes automatically shut from exhaustion. Sleep is just beyond your reach when your breath hitches and you eyes fly open.

"Y/N." The voice calls.

"H-hello?" You answer, suspicious.

"Join me." The voice continues and you become confused.

"What? Ok, Ben if this is one of your sick tricks, cut it out I'm trying to sleep." You say sternly, realizing that this must be Ben.

"Ben will join me, you will too." The voice whispers, almost snake-like.

"Who are you, and what do you mean Ben will join you?" You question, now realizing that this voice is definitely not Ben.

"I am the one who will teach you the true ways of the force. Not this Jedi garbage that Luke Skywalker has been teaching you."  The voice, louder now, put emphasis on your masters name spitting every syllable. You could swear that you felt saliva spray across your neck from the voice's venomous tone.

"What do you mean..." You trail off, you hands beginning to shake.

"Join me and I will teach you things you can't imagine. You are very strong with the force and are in desperate need of a teacher. I can help you."  You can determine now that it is a he speaking to you through some unknown power. He lingers on the last words making sure that you hear everything he says.

"What would you teach me? Could you teach me to do what you are doing right now? To talk to someone without actually being there? To use the force to communicate?" You say curiously, ignoring your conscience which is screaming at you to run.

"My young apprentice, there is much more to the force than communicating. I shall give you a bit of guidance right now, just to show you what I could teach you."  He offers, and you just quietly nod needing to know what he will teach you because let's face it; Master Luke is getting old. His lessons become more and more boring and you find that most of the moves and sequences you learn are either taught to you by your lightsaber or you figure them out by yourself. You have never doubted Luke's abilities as a Jedi or as a teacher but you have grown bored of his methods.