16 - Late

You awoke the next morning, just in time to make it to your morning class, judging by the amount of sunlight that filled your hut. You quickly crawled out of bed and walked over to your dresser, pulling out your second pair of training clothes, as you wore your first pair from last night. In undresseing you caught a whiff of yourself, and your nose scrunched at the smell. It wasn't bad enough that anyone would be able to smell it from a distance but should someone stand right behind you, you tried not to cringe at the thought and made a note to stay away from other people until you had a chance to clean yourself up. Hell, even your training robes had a smell. You were in desperate need of a bath. You were supposed to bathe two nights ago but the Darkness ruined your hygiene schedule. Oh well, you thought to yourself, at least I'm not sitting in a cramped classroom today. No, today's lesson consisted of the same old series of movements and twrils Master Luke had you run through for the last week. When you first arrived this was your favourite type of lesson, as it involved your saber but now it has become boring. You were tiring of Luke's repetitive tendencies and were even bored enough to stop asking him for extra moves. You had taught youself a great deal on your own at home, working with droids and machines, this would be no different. Plus, now you had Ben.

Letting your hair down from its bun and grabbing your saber from your drawer, you ran out of your hut. On the run over to the cliff where all Luke's saber lessons happened, you tied your hair in a pony tail to keep it out of your face today. Not that the lesson was going to be challenging. You and Ben had both mastered Luke's latest sequence of saber movements a few days ago so these reptition that the other students so badly needed was a waste of time for you two. 

By the time you reached the cliff, your throat burned as you struggled to catch your breath from the run over here. You took a moment to compose and calm yourself so that the entire class wouldn't know that you slept in. As you stepped into the open you found exactly what you'd expected. Master Luke at the edge of the cliff facing the 30 or so students now facing him, standing at ease and quietly talkign amongst themselves as he stared at nothing in particular. They were all waiting for you, obviously. As you made your way to your normal spot, in the furthest back row, you found that your partner in crime was not where he normally was, a few feet to your right. It only took you a matter of seconds to find him though, casually leaning up against one of the rocks with a leg propped up on the rock under him. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and his lips were pressed into a thin line as his eyes connected with yours.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to show up." He tsked, pushing off from the wall and striding to his normal spot on your right. His words had broken the near silence that the class was enjoying, drawing everyone's attention to me. Master Luke slowly slid his eyes from where they were, over to you. They narrowed slightly as you met his gaze and you quickly turned from him to Ben, giving him a stare that said, I'll get you for that.

"My apologies, Master. It won't happen again." You forced out, shifting your gaze from Ben back to Master Luke. He huffed at that, a small smile spread across his lips.

"Yea right." Luke answered and launched into his lesson, drawing the class' eyes away from you finally. You let a sigh through your lips, making it slightly louder than usual so Ben would have a clear idea about how you felt about his little stunt. Your sigh was followed by a low chuckle, letting you know he understood.

This didn't normally happen, he would normally wake you up if you ever came this close to being late. You would do the same for him occaisonally except of the two of you, you were the most likely to sleep in. Maybe he had also woken up late and didn't have enough time to get you? But all it would have taken was a loud knock on your hut door and you would have woken up, you're not a deep sleeper. There have been times when you've both walked into class 10 minutes late, the idea hadn't seemed to bother him then, why would being late affect him now? Had sometheing changed last night, did you say something you didn't mean to in your sleepy rambling? Ben had never been one to care too much about arriving on time before. In fact, he'd been more inclined to hang around at the huts to intentionally make us late rather than arriving on time. So why had he started caring now?