Chapter 3- Getting The Club Together!

"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained." –Marie Curie

     "You guys are killing me!!" Sensei screams at the four of us.

    "Sorry." We all say simultaneously.

    "First you trespass into an abandoned building, and now you trespass into another school's pool!? Man, we're fortunate enough that they've decided not to make a big deal of this." He pinches the bridge of his nose like anyone would when they had a sinus pressure headache.

    "Now, now now. I think that's enough." Cue Amakata-sensei. "There's a quote that applies to this situation." Is there a quote for everything? " 'In Ancient China, during the Shang dynasty, Duke Tai would fish without any bait--' "

    "I hate fish." And now Haruka hates you. Probably.

     "Excuse me." Amakata-sensei says and bows her head like a small child in trouble.

    ~~~

    "Ama-chan-sensei wasn't of much help."

    "But now I really want to know how that fish saying goes." Makoto says

    "Yeah~!" I add.

    "Haru, do you-- eh!?" They look around.

    "Haru-chan is over there." Nagisa says and was facing our left.

    "When did that happen?" Makoto asks. There are footsteps behind us.

    "Huh? Kou-san?" I ask. She smiles, prpbably happy that someone finally called her that.

    "Ah, Gou-chan!" Smile gone.

    "I told you to call me 'Kou'!" she says in an annoyed voice.

    "Does it matter?"

    "Yes it does! It's Kou!" her cheeks are slightly pink from frustration.

    "Gou."

    "Kou."

    "Gou."

    "Kou."

    "Kou."

    "Gou--! Damn you!" She shouts while Nagisa smiles and made a peace sign. "So where you guys able to see my brother?"

    "About that: Rin-chan's so mean!"

    "You just noticed this?" I say.

    "Totally! We haven't seen eachother in four years, and the first thing he does when he gets back is challenge Haru-chan to a race! He completely ignored me and Mako-chan, and forgets that Ama-chan exists. We didn't get to talk about anything."

    "Have you heard anything from Rin, Kou-chan?" Makoto asks.

    She shakes her head. "I've been sending him e-mails and called him with no luck. I even called his dorm number and nobody picked up."

    "How come Rin-chan had changed so much? Did something happen in Australia?"

    "I don't know. I was hoping that he'd open up after meeting you guys."

    "Oh - are you responsible for him showing up at the swimming club." Makoto asks.

    Kou raises her hands up and shakes them with a nervous face. "I-I wouldn't say I'm responsible. I was just trying to help... Okay... I happened to overhear your conversation, so I sent him a message. But he never replied." Her voice got quiter and quiter with every sentence.