Chapter 12- Endless Questions

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." ~Bill Cosby

    I lazily open the cabinet, not finding a bag of chips anywhere. Seriously? I sigh and close it. As I rub my sleepy eyes, I realize that Hayato had left again. Without a 'goodbye'? Geeze, one of these days he's litterally gonna move out and not let us know. I hear another door open and slow footsteps approaching. "Setsuna?"

    "Can I watch you guys practice today?"  Huh? She's already awake and in normal clothes.

    "Huh?"

    "Like, can I be an observer?" She shyly asks.

    I open my mouth to speak, but I have no idea how to answer. I close it and quickly think, coming up with a soft way to let her down. "Well...we're in an intense practice right now since this is for the finals.... But, for next year, the instant we can start using the pool or any pool, I will get you there. We don't even have to buy a suit or goggles, I have some you can borrow." During the process of saying this sentence, Setsuna's emotions were shown in her eyes; they first seemed to plummet, and then soar right back up.

    ~~~

    I fold my tiny suit into a square and put it in my bag. This is our last practice... I stare at the bag after I zip it.

    "How many years has it been?"

    "You're back from Australia!"

    "Haru, you're still hanging out with these guys?"

    "Let's start a swimming club!"

    "The Iwatobi High School SC is officially up and running!"

    "Stamina will be an issue."

    "Iwatobi High School Swimmimg Club Training Regimen...of Hell."

    "We're going to go on deserted islands!"

    "You were practicing, right? Rei-chan wants to catch up with all of us."

    "Think of it like a Deserted Island Survival!"

    "Damn! Am I one second away from being faster!?"

    "Your only enemy is the clock."

    "I want to be like you."

    "I don't care who wins."

    Sakurami Amaya (Iwatobi High School)- 1:16:56

    I was close, but not close enough.

    "Haru lost..."

    Why is he so upset?

    "You won the relay!"

    "You guys...I want to swim with you guys again!"

    "You just need to know that you have a team here to support you."

    I throw my tracksuit on and grab my bag. This particular version I got is for when the weather heats up: It's shorts with the same material and design of the normal tracksuits, and a tank an yellow Iwatobi-chan tank top; I tie the jacket around my waist and grab three rubberbands and put them all around my left wrist. If you ask me, this summer went by way too fast. I glance at my clock right before leaving my room. Are they late this time? I tie my sneakers as tight as I can possibly get them and leave the house while throwing my bag over my shoulders. Immediately, the intense heat crawls over all of my skin and I have to adjust from being in the lovely air conditioned house. Damn it's hot today...