Chapter 6- OMG DESERTED ISLANDS

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."

-Muhammad Ali

    We all stand in a horizontal line, watching as Kou litterally made up to 48 signs counting down to 1 that say: "___ Days until the Pefecturals!"

    "Gou-chan, you're still making those?" Makoto worriedly asks.

    "Don't your hands hurt like hell by now?" I say.

    "Can you stop that?" Haruka asks.

    "Pressure is what pushes people to the next level." She says like a wise woman or something - like Amakata-sensei when she's serious.

    "Pressure can so also ruin some people."

    "Are you talking about Rei-chan?" Nagisa asks with a smile.

    "I'm not that weak!" He complains. I laugh.

    "Then maybe you should use the pressure to your advantage!" I suggest.

    "Just how do I do that?"

    Makoto chuckles. "Wait, why are you wearing a hakama?"

    She stands up and pushed us all out the door - somehow. "Enough talking, go start practicing. Get going!" She yells as we hurry over to the pool.

    "What's our w-up!?" I yell from outside.

    "500 choice!"

    ~

    "Look at this guys!" Nagisa says while wearing a swim uniform with the school colors and "IWATOBI" written along the back in English. "Our new tracksuits arrived!"

    "The jackets are nice," Rei says. Phew. "But what is thst thing on the T-shirt?" It was yellow and said 'Iwatobi Swim Club' with Iwatobi-chan on it.

    "That's the secret Iwatobi-chan version. Since you were against putting Iwatobi-chan on our tracksuits."

    "Wait, so there's a secret version?"

    "Awh, It's so cute!" I say.

    "We have another one!" Nagisa says.

    "Really?!" I excitedly ask.

    "Well, lets get started." Makoto says. "Before we begin practice, let's review the events we'll be entering at prefecturals. I'll be swimming the 100m and 200m backstroke. What are you doing, Nagisa?"

    "I'm swimming breast. I'm thinking both the 100 and 200."

    "And Haru?"

    "I only swim free."

    "Shouldn't have bothered to ask." He smiles. "Rei?"

    "I can only swim butterfly." he says cooly while adjusting his glasses.

    "That's right!" Nagisa says and leans his back on his shoulder like some kind of proud girlfriend.

    "And Amaya?"

    "I'll do the 200IM and 100 free."

    "It's been a while since we've competed, so stamina will be an issue." Makoto says. "I recommend sticking to short disances."

    "So we have to lineup for individual events." Nagisa says.

    "So that leaves the relay..."