04. the bully's house

"I'll be back

"I'll be back. Don't steal anything," Corbin joke before turning to the hallway and leaving me in the living room by myself.

            Why did he even bring me to his house? We could've gone to Starbucks or something.

            I knew Corbin's family was rich so, of course, they'll live in a mansion but doesn't it get lonely? I'm standing in the middle of this huge spacious living room with nothing but silence.

            Having to live in this big house filled with silence, it'll sure drive you crazy. Maybe that's why he's crazy.

            I look around the living room and the big picture hanging in the middle of the wall caught my attention. While staring at it, my feet slowly make its way towards it.

            It's a family picture. Corbin's parents are standing together in the middle while Corbin is next to his father and his little sister is between his parents. They're all smiling except Corbin. He has this emotionless expression on his face that I can't explain.

            My eyes travel to each person on the picture and I notice that Corbin looks nothing like his mom or dad. His little sister resembles their mom with her blonde hair and grey eyes but Corbin is the complete opposite, black hair with dark brown eyes.

            "Admiring me?" Corbin's voice snap me out of my reverie and I jump back a bit in surprise. I turn to see him leaning on the wall a few feet away with a smirk.

            "How long were you there?" I asked, walking to the sofa.

            His eyes follow my movement and walk to me. "A while."

            I take off my backpack and place it on the sofa. I take a seat next to it. Corbin takes a seat on the sofa opposite of me.

            I lower my eyes to avoid his gaze and a awkward silence fill the entire house.

            "You do know that we actually have to talk in order for us to know each other, right?" Corbin question.

            I look up to him, "I already know you though."

            "Really?" His eyebrow quirk up in amusement as he wait with anticipation.

            I raise my eyebrow, challengingly. "Corbin Foxx. 18 years old. Spoiled snobby kid born with a silver spoon who thinks he can do anything he want and bully whoever he wants just because his family is rich. About right?"

            Corbin smirks, clearly amused by the twinkle in his dark black eyes which resembles his soul.

            "Hazel Reyes. 18 years old. Boring good girl who's in love with her best friend all her life. Her life revolves around her best friend and that's all she knows how to do. Stop giving your time to someone who's not worth it."

            My face twist with confusion. "My life does not revolve around Lucas," I protest.

            He shrug, unaffected by my response. "Whatever floats your boat, Hazelnut."

            My jaw tighten at his answer. Why does he always have to find ways to piss me off?

            "I think we should continue this some other day," I said and get up, putting on my backpack.

            "But I'm not done," Corbin said.

            "I am." I ignore him and walk towards the front door.

            I didn't care to look back as I open the door and leave. I'll just call Lucas to pick me up.