27. the bully actually has a heart

"Please help him!" I call out to the nurse at the counter once the door opens

"Please help him!" I call out to the nurse at the counter once the door opens. She quickly notices Lucas and I and quickly race to us.

"I need help over here!" She calls out to the other nurses and doctor as she take Lucas from my arms.

"What happened?" She asks as the other nurses run over.

"He was shot," I explained and watch as they put him on the gurney, yelling out some medical words. I watch as they wheel him to a room and close the door.

Corbin.

I quickly turn around to go back to the car and drive to the warehouse.

He has to be alright. The cops has to be there already.

I speed my way through and reach there within 10 minutes only to see flashes of red and blue everywhere, surrounding the warehouse.

As soon as I reach the warehouse, I stop the car behind a police car. I didn't bother properly parking it and quickly get out of the car.

There are cops everywhere but Corbin is nowhere to be found. I run to the warehouse, hoping to find Corbin.

"You can't go in there," an officer approach me.

"My friend is in there. What happened to him?" I asks. My heart is beating so fast and I'm really worried.

Please tell me he's okay.

"You still can't go in there. This is a crime scene," the officer tells me.

"But-"

"Do you always have to be so stubborn?" I hear Corbin's voice behind me. My eyes widen and a small gasp escapes my mouth as I turn around to face him. He has a few bruises and cuts on his face but he looks fine other than that.

I let out a big sigh of relief and smile seeing that he's alright. I quickly run to him and pull him into a hug.

"Thank god," I breathe out in relief. I can feel his arms pulling me closer to him, holding me tight.

"You came back," he whisper to me. I let go, but he pulls me in tighter. "Can we stay like this for a few more minutes? Please?" I stay silent and stand there in his embrace, enjoying this moment.

I'm just glad he's fine.

"It's been a few minutes," I tell him after what felt like forever. I wait for a few seconds but Corbin doesn't reply.

"Corbin?" Worried, I let go of him and he immediately falls down. I quickly catch him in my arms, bringing me to my knees.

He's unconscious.

"Corbin!" I cry out in worried, shaking him so he'll hopefully open his eyes.

The cops must've heard my scream cause next thing I know, a few cops are hovering over Corbin with concern on their faces.

-

"Hazel," I hear a soft whisper, waking me up. I quickly open my eyes and sit upright once I realize where I am.

"Lucas," I breathe out. "Thank god. You're okay." I was so glad when the doctor told me that he's safe now. They managed to take out the bullet and luckily, it didn't cause any serious injury to his organs. Aside from a few small injuries, he's okay.

He smiles at me. "I'm sorry for being such a crappy friend lately and thank you for saving me," he said, his voice weak.

I return his smile and reply, "Don't thank me. Corbin was the one who saved you."

He let out a dry chuckle, "Who knew Corbin Foxx actually has a heart." Even after all those times he has bullied Lucas, he saved Lucas.

"How is he?" Lucas asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. The doctors hasn't come out yet." It's been over an hour and the doctors hasn't come out yet. I really hope he's okay.

"Corbin likes you. I think he has for a while now," he tells me. I stare at him, worried for Corbin. "Why else would he beat me up at the party?" Lucas joke, trying to lighten up the mood.

"How can you be sure?" I asks, honestly curious. I can never figure out Corbin. One minute, he's this caring guy and, the next, he's a bully. I can never figure out who the real Corbin Foxx is. "He thinks he has to win me over like I'm an object."

"Maybe because before he started punching the crap out of me, he yelled 'this is for hurting Hazel'." He explained, enlightening the situation for me.

Memories of that night comes flowing back to mind. I kissed him that night. He could've kissed me back, but he didn't. Instead, he hold me in his arms and let me cry out into his chest. Maybe that's the real Corbin Foxx.