11. the bully at the party

"Sit here," Lucas instruct, pointing to the sofa at the corner of the room

     "Sit here," Lucas instruct, pointing to the sofa at the corner of the room. "I'll go grab us drinks." I nod my head and sit down on the sofa while he leaves.

I look around the room to see a few familiar faces around school. Some people are drinking and standing around the living room. Others are playing games and talking. The music is blasting throughout the house.

"Here." Lucas appears and hand me a red cup. I smile at him and grab it, sipping the clear liquid down my throat.

Water, just how I like it.

Lucas knows that I don't drink. I've tried it before and I'm not such a big fan of alcohol. It's bitter. I don't know how people could swallow it so easily.

Lucas sits down next to me and take a sip out of his cup.

"Lucas, wanna play truth or dare?" Jake, one of Lucas's friend, appear out of the blue and asks.

Lucas turns to me, as if asking for permission to play. I smile at him shyly.

"Wanna play?" He asks me. My mouth open slightly, hesitant.

"Come on, it'll be fun." He tries to convince me. I sigh, giving in.

"Fine." He smile at my response.

Jake and his friends gather around the sofa. Some sat down on the floor so we can form a circle. Just as we were about to start, a girl I recognize from school runs to join us, dragging someone behind her. I watch as she sit down across from me and pull down the person she was dragging.

My eyes widen in surprise. Corbin Foxx.

The girl pull down Corbin to sit down next to her. "I don't want to play," Corbin said in annoyance then turn to me. He looks shocked to see me but his expression quickly turn into an amused one. His eyes travel from me to Lucas.

"Never mind. I'll play. I think this just got interesting." Corbin smirk at me and raise his eyebrow. I roll my eyes and look away from him.

"I'll go first," the girl says with excitement. She turns to Corbin with a mischievous look.

"Corbin, truth or dare?"

"Dare," he says without hesitation while staring at me. I lower me eyes to avoid his gaze.

The girl giggle with excitement, "I dare you to kiss me." I roll my eyes at her stupid dare.

To my surprise, Corbin pull her to him and french kiss her without hesitation. After a few seconds, he pull away, leaving her breathless.

I sigh and look away. They should've just gotten a room. Why bother playing?

"Hazel, truth or dare?" Corbin calls out. My mouth open and my eyes widen in surprise. I turn to him to see him smirking mischievously back at me.

Crap.

I start to fluster and hesitantly say, "Truth." He can't ask me anything bad, right? I mean, I haven't done anything bad. I've got nothing to confessed.

"Have you ever had a crush on your best friend?"

Except for that.