23. the bully's barf

Lucas's car disappears into the distance

Lucas's car disappears into the distance. I turn to Corbin to see him walking back inside the bar.

            "Find your own ride home," Corbin said before entering the bar.

            "What?" I question, confused. I don't have anything on me, not money, a phone, or even a proper pair of shoes. How does he expect me to 'find my own ride home'.

            He dragged me here without my permission. So he has to take me back.

            With a frustrating groan, I follow Corbin inside and roll my eyes at the sight of him chugging a beer at the counter.

            I walk towards him and snatch the beer away from him causing him to glare at me.

            "Take me home now," I demand. "You're the one who dragged me out of my house and drove me here. I didn't even have time to go get my phone and put on shoes. You have to take me back." Instead of answering me, Corbin snatch the beer out of my hand.

            "Why should I? I'm a bad guy and bad guys don't follow orders." Corbin chug down the whole glass and slam it down on the counter. "Keep them coming! And give me something stronger." I glance at the bartender to see him nodding his head. 

            I hold out my hand, "Give me your keys. I'll go home myself."

            Corbin takes out the key from his pocket and hold it out in the air, away from me. "Try and take it away from me." I frown at his response.

            After letting out a tiring sigh, I give in to his challenge. I reach for the key but Corbin quickly raise it higher.

            I clench my jaw and try to grab it again, but this time, Corbin pull me to his lap. I turn to face him to see him already staring at me.

            Corbin smirk, snapping me out of my reverie and back to reality. I quickly get up from his lap and fix myself.

            "Don't start falling for me now," Corbin mutter before putting his keys back into his front pocket and swallowing down the entire glass of alcohol.

            Too late now. "In your dreams," I mutter instead.

            I watch as he set the empty glass down and drink another one, coming to fact that he's never giving me the keys.

            I sigh and take a seat next to him. I could borrow the bartender's phone to call my parents to pick me up but I don't want to ruin their date. Dad's always busy with work and this is the only time he's been available for a while. My only best friend is god knows where.

            So I basically have no one else to call. Gosh, I really need new best friends.

two hours later...