Chapter One

"I was born with a strange gift, the ability to do what no human has done before. It's all mixed up in my head, the images, the sounds, the smell. I need to remember, put things in order up to this moment. I need to remember who I am. If I had to say how it all began, I might as well start here."

2011, July 12
Jung-gu, Daegu

Doctors chased us up the halls, with large, pointy needles, while myself, 003, 004, and 005 was escaping the lab. A doctor grabbed a hold of 004, trying to give him the needle. 004 struggled to get out of the doctors strong grip until 004 could use his powers. The doctor released him, as 004 fell to the ground, while the doctor flew back towards the hard, stone wall. His body slammed against the wall, he moaned from the horrible pain.

Rushing over to 004, I held out my hands, while 004 lifted his hand from the ground and placed it in mine. I pulled him up and smiled at him. "Good job, now, let's leave" I yelled so he could hear me over the loud yelling from the doctors. 003 nodded while we ran. Passing all the doctors as 005 used his powers to push them away and towards the walls.

"The exit is around the corner" 003 informed us, while I nodded, turning to my right, going towards the exit door. Approaching the exit door, I pushed on the door, but it didn't open. Glancing over at 004, he nods and looks at the door.

The door slammed open as I smiled at him. He nods and walks out. I follow behind 004 while the other two were behind me.

I looked up to the sky, breathing in the outdoor air as it felt refreshing. "I thought I would never see it outside again" 005 cheered. "What now?" 003 asked while a confused look on his face. I bit my bottom lip and looked around again. We need to go soon before the doctors come to find us.

"Just follow me" I insisted while the three boys nodded.

I walked up an alleyway, which was between a coffee shop and a store. I walked in front of everyone, making my way up to the ends of the buildings that lead to a busy road. "Where now?" 004 asked as I sighed, not knowing how to reply, or how to even keep ourselves alive without a place to stay.

"I-I'm not sure" I shuttered as the wind hit me, causing me to get a cold chill.

Huge groups of at least 20 people walked past us, not even noticing us, we were invisible to others it seemed.

I pulled up my hood and folded my arms over my chest as I looked out from between the building. "We should go look for a place to stay" I suggested as 003 shook his head.

"What if we get caught?" he asked worriedly, while I bit my bottom lip, thinking for a second before nodding.

"Okay, we'll stay here," I said, the corners of my mouth rising up to a smile.

"Hello?" A faint voice called as my head turned toward the road again as a man, with dark red hair, maybe about 6'0 stood in the alleyway with his hands in his jean pockets as he looked at us, confused.

"Uh, Hi" I shyly waved as he smiled a bit.

"Are you lost or something?" he asked while I nodded instantly, not thinking before nodding.

"Do you need help, like, finding a place to stay or-"

"Yes," I accidentally cut him off mid-sentence, as he nodded while smiling.

"I think I know a place," he said, not mad about me cutting him off. "Follow me," he said.

I didn't know if I could trust him or not, but at this point, we needed a safe place to stay. He seemed like a nice guy and someone who we could trust. I nodded, looking back at the others and smiled. I walked up to the guy, seeing we were around the same height. He started walking while I walked right behind him. I remained silent, as for the other guys, were chatting behind me.

"So, may I ask why you're lost?" he asked as I looked up from the ground, making eye contact with him before quickly looking away. "Uh, we ran away from a-" I thought for a moment of what to say before continuing. "A horrible place, I don't really want to talk about it," I said, my voice becoming quiet towards the end. He nodded, understanding me as he turned his focus back to where he was walking.

"So, where are we going?" I questioned while putting my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"I'll bring you to my place until I can think of a place," he said, not looking back.

He turned around the corner as we approached a medium-sized two-story house. "This is my home," he said, holding out his arms, pointing towards his house. "My mother isn't home yet," he whispered to himself, which was loud enough for me to hear.

I followed closely behind him as he opened the door, letting us in, before closing the door behind us. "Get yourselves comfy" he laughed as we walked into the living room. 

"This is a nice home" I complimented him as he folded his hands together and smiled.

"Ah, thanks."

I stood next to the couch, while the other three sat down on the couch. "Anyway, so what's your name?"

"Oh, Lee Jaeyoon," he said his name as he opened a bottle of water, taking a small sip, before closing it again.

"What's you-" he started as he heard a car horn outside the house. "Oh, my mom's home," he said, quickly putting his bottle of water on the table. "Okay, there is a house far into the woods, if you walk straight into the woods, you will get to it," he said, as the guys stood up. "I used to hang out around there before, so it should be safe," he said, then headed towards the glass door in the living room, opening quickly. "You should go now, my mother doesn't like it when I have guys over" he laughed nervously, causing me to look towards him, confused.

"Why?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Let's not talk about it," he said as I nodded, heading out the door, and walked into the woods.

"Let's go," 003 said, while I nodded and started walking.