Chapter Twelve

2011, July 16
Jung-gu, Daegu

I slowly opened my eye's and looked around. I was in a dark room; it was quiet. I couldn't move my legs or my arms. I sat in a wooden chair as I heard whispers.

"Why would you get him out of all people?!" one whisper-screamed. It was a voice I heard before, but the name didn't click in. "You can't do anything right!" the same man spoke. I jumped in surprise as the room lit up. I looked forward, seeing a younger boy, his hair was a dark brown and fell a little below his eyes while it split in the middle.

"He's awake," the boy's small quiet voice called. A tall man walked in front of him as he approached me, sitting on the table in front of me.

"So, you're running away from the police," he says. "and whys that?" he asked.

"The cops may have mistaken me for someone else" The man shakes his head as he gets a chair and sits right in front of me, our knees touching.

"You're a part of Project Crescent, aren't you?" he asked. I shook my head quickly, not wanting to tell anything.

"Who are you?" I wondered. He shrugged and let out a chuckled. "Untie me, please" I demanded, the fear in my voice clearly noticeable.

"Not until you confirm that you are a part of it" I sighed and looked down at the ground, not wanting to look back up or answer any of his questions.

The sound of the door opening rang through my ears, making my head shoot up instantly. My eyes made eye contact with his, the man I knew as a brother, the only one I trusted stood before me as I was being kidnapped.

"Dawon," I was in disbelief. "What are you doing here!" my voice raised.

"I fit in more here, they understand me more," he shrugged. I shook my head while my breathing quickly sped up.

"They understand you more!" I screamed, "Even though I spent most of my damn life in that lab, helping you through all the pain, helping you with whatever you needed," tears dropped from my eyes. "I told you everything, every last thing that happened to me, and even what went through my h-head" I choked on my words, my sight getting blurry from the number of tears.

"Please be quiet, I don't want you to go back to the lab," the man said.

"Why wouldn't you want me to go back. You never had to deal with what I had to deal with, you will never know what happened in the lab, the public only knows the basic information of what happened," Once I finished, he sighed and looked up at me.

"I know what you went through, I know every detail of what happened in that lab" I shook my head.

"You clearly don't know what I've been through, you don't have a number, you didn't get forced in a room to use your powers until your energy was drained, causing you to pass out!" he stands up.

"Will you shut up already!" he yells. I feel the tears coming back as I gripped onto the rope. "I went through the same thing you did. You clearly don't know who I am, or how I went through the same thing you did" he stops.

I felt my heart stop, feeling like my heart dropped. I looked up at him as I watched him walk away. He takes off his mask as he walks out the door, he was already out of the room before I could see who he was.

"I'm sorry" he starts to cry too. The other boy leaves the room as Dawon stays. Dawon walks towards me and sits in the chair. I felt his hands touch my face as his thumb brushed against my cheek, wiping away my tears as he started to untie me from the rope. Once the rope was off my wrist, I placed my face in the palms of my hands

"Why would you kidnap me?" I asked.

"It wasn't my choice, he wanted to talk to you," Dawon said. I wiped the rest of the tears off.

"Do you know his name?" Dawon shrugged.

"He told me to call him sir, that's all."

The man walks back in with the same mask, making Dawon stand up, the man taking his seat. "If you tell me your powers, I will tell you who I am," he said. I thought for a moment before agreeing.

"I can't make things appear, anything, but you can't touch it," I said, frowning. He nodded as his hands reached the bottom of his mask, pulling it up slowly, my eye's widened as I seen who was sitting before me.

"H-how"