Chapter Sixteen

2011, July 18

Jung-gu, Daegu

I slowly opened my eyes, the light shining from above me made my eyes burn, causing me to look around the room. I smile once I see the other three boys sleeping peacefully on their chairs. "What happened?" I groaned as I felt the pain in my head. Dawon's eyes quickly opened as he smiled. "He's awake!" Dawon cheered. "How do you feel?" he asked. "I feel, good?" I said in a questioning voice. "Where's Jaeyoon?" I asked. "We didn't tell him because we didn't want him to worry," Dawon says. I nod and looks at the other two boys. The doctor walks into the room and smiles. "Hello Mr.Kim, you've been knocked out for two days," the doctor said as I nodded. "When will I be able to leave?" the doctor looked down at his book before glancing back up. "You should be able to leave now if you're feeling well" I nodded and sat up slowly. The doctors gave me back my clothes while I changed out of the hospital clothes and waited for the other guys. "Thank you for your help," Youngbin smiled and bowed to the doctor.

Slowly making our way home, I stop in front of Jaeyoon's house and smiled. "I'm going to go in, you can head home," I said and smiled at the guys as they nodded and headed towards the house. I opened the front door and peeked in, seeing Jaeyoon sitting on the couch in the living room. I quietly shut the door, making sure he didn't hear me. I hear that he was watching the tv as I heard faint sniffles. I listened to the tv as I bit my lip. "Project Crescent was a covert operation designed and conducted by the CIA that went on from the 1980s to the early 2000s. The subjects, which were pregnant women, many of which were unwitting, suffered extensive use of psychedelic drugs, physical and mental abuse, sleep deprivation and malnourishment, among many other experiments. The test subjects were injected with Ci (Cres-illuminite) cells, which are a type of stem cell grown by scientists in the lab. Cres-illuminite was originally used to improve brain function and heighten cognitive ability. One of the institutions to undertake the project was Daegu National laboratory in Jung-gu, Daegu under the administration of . Experiments at the laboratory began in 1978." The TV said as I sighed, quiet enough so he didn't hear. "The lab recently burned down with one of the boy's in it, who was later revealed to be Kim Inseong," I watched as Jaeyoon's head instantly looked up at the tv. Jaeyoon's went quiet as he looked over to the door where I was standing.

Jaeyoon looks confused as I walked towards him. "I thought you got hurt!" I nodded. "I'm back from the hospital" I informed him. "How come you didn't tell me that you were a part of that! I already had to deal with Rowoon not telling me, now you didn't tell me!" he said. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to leave my side, I couldn't lose you" I admitted. Jaeyoon stands up and walks over to me. His arms wrap around my body tightly as he hides his face in my chest. I heard his soft cries. "You idiot, you should have told me, I would never leave your side," he said and looked up at me "Inseong, do you know how scared I was, the cops coming to the house, and you just leaving like that, I thought I would never see you again, I sat on that couch and cried for at least an hour, thinking I would lose y-" I quickly moved in, pressing my lips against his as I placed my hands on his cheek. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips move with mine, kissing back. I broke the kiss shortly after as I smiled at him. "You don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine" Jaeyoon stood there, looking confused at my actions as his cheeks went a darker red. "What powers does Rowoon have?" I wondered as Jaeyoon looked at me. "He can tell someone's past or future, he can also control people in any way," he said.

"I told my mom about you, and some more things," Jaeyoon smiled. "I came out to her and she said she still doesn't think it's right, but she'll try to support me," he said, causing me to smile. "What did you say about me?" I asked as he smirked. "Nothing much, just that you look adorable when you smile, and when I'm around you, it's the happiest I've ever been," he smiled as I felt my cheek's heat up. "What did she say about that?" I wondered as he shrugged. "Not much, just that she would like me to have a girlfriend, but if I feel that way towards you, go for it" He smiled. I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist. I asked another question. "Why is she homophobic anyway?" Jaeyoon sighed. "Well, she kind of grew up in a more religious family, and when my father left, he left her for another man" he admitted.

"I need to go now, I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" I said as Jaeyoon nodded. "Be safe please," he said as I nodded and smiled. I felt Jaeyoon press his lips onto mine while his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I pulled away and frowned. "Bye," I said and let go of Jaeyoon, making my way to the door again and walked out. I left the house with a large smile on my face.