Chapter Fourteen

2011, July 16
Jung-gu, Daegu

I stood up from the chair and over to Dawon. "Come on, show me out of this place," I said. Dawon walked out of the door as I followed behind him. He showed me the exit, which leads to the alleyway that I was in earlier. I walked quickly out of the alleyway, seeing that the cops weren't there anymore.

"How did the cops know who you were instant?" Dawon asked.

"Newspapers I assume, we may be on the news" I looked around, trying to see if I could see something involving us. I walked towards a store that had papers tapped up on the window. I looked through the papers, finding one about a missing person.

MISSING

KIM INSEONG

KIM INSEONG

AGE: 18

MALE

IF YOU FIND HIM, CALL THIS NUMBER (XXX XXX XXXX)

REWARDED ONCE FOUND

"That's how" I sighed and looked around as I seen the other three guys too. "When did they take this photo?" I wondered and tilted my head, shrugging it off after. "Look, we are all here" I pointed to the rest.

'What if Jaeyoon sees these? He is mad at Rowoon for not telling him, what if he hates me after!' I said in my mind.

"You were right, there are newspapers," Dawon picked one up and took it with him.

"Let's go," I said.

Once we made it back, I walked into the house and sat on the couch. The other two wasn't home yet, probably still out looking. "What were you thinking," I asked as Dawon sat on the chair beside me.

"Inseong, let's not start this right now," he said, sounding tired.

"You shouldn't have met them, or even hung out with them. If you wanted to leave, you could have told someone instead of just leaving and making us look for you. Now Youngbin and Zuho are still out there looking for you, and the cops know that I'm still alive, and may eventually find us if you keep wandering around like that!" I yelled at him. Dawon opened the newspaper and ignored me.

"Breaking news, four kids of the Crescent Project have broken out of the lab, they are needed back as soon as possible. These test subjects' names are Kim Inseong, Kim Youngbin, Lee Sanghyuk (Dawon), and Baek Zuho, or better known as 002,003,004,005." Dawon said, reading out some parts of it and looked up at me.

"Well, it's out there now, so I don't think we should go far," I sighed. "Who was the younger boy?" I asked as Dawon put down the newspaper.

"His name is Hwiyoung" he informed me. I heard the front door open as Youngbin and Zuho come walking in. As they see Dawon, a smile forms on both their faces.

"There you are, what happened?" Youngbin asked as I chuckled.

"It's a long story," I said and stood up, making my way towards my room. I open the door and walk in as I close the door behind me and sat on the bed, seeing the diary on the floor. I pick it up and opened it, picking up where I left off.

January 15, 2002

It's been a little while, I just want to say that my mom has been a little better. She started to believe that nothing was wrong with me. I'm scared that her old self will come back at any moment. I'm scared that she will leave more scars on me, more than I already have. I'm scared I'll go back into the basement. That man still hasn't come back to take to a safe place, I'm waiting to be taken away.

January 16, 2002

The man came back and took my mom away, I'm not sure what they did to her, but they hurt her. I heard her screams for a long time. I'm hiding under my bed from them. I don't want them to find me anymore. I just want to be safe with my mom. I hear them coming into the room, I need to go, this may be the last time I write.

L.S.H ~

I re-read the last part as I knew those letters, and what they meant. I stood up with the dairy in my hand and walked back into the living room and sat by Dawon. I looked at Dawon as he looked down at the book.

"I understand everything now, you could have told me before if you were the one who lives here in the first place and owned this dairy,"