Chapter Eight

2011, July 15
Jung-gu, Daegu

"So, where were you gone?" Jaeyoon questioned while I put on the seat belt.

"Rowoon and Taeyang wanted me to go to the park with them," I said as Jaeyoon laughed. "Didn't you tell them that it was too late?" I asked as he looked over at me for a second then back to the road.

"Oh, my mom was bringing more men over" he answered, "they don't know much about it, so I came to the coffee shop."

The car went silent for a while as his house came in view. "I don't really want to go in," he said and slowed down next to his house.

"We can go somewhere else," I offered while he nodded.

"Sure, want to go watch a movie, or do you have something else in mind?" Jaeyoon asked while I shrugged. "Movie it is," I smiled while he started driving again.

"Who owns this car?" I asked.

"My mom, she owns two cars" I nodded.

Once we got to the movie theatre, he parked the car while I undid my seat belt and walked up. "Two tickets," he asked and paid while receiving two tickets. "Thanks."

"What movie is playing?" I asked as he pointed to one of the posters, showing the movie. "Detective K," I said out and put my hands in my pockets and nodded. "Alright," I said and looked over at him. Jaeyoon got some popcorn as I walked in and got our seats which were close to the front or more in the middle. I sat down on the seat and waited for Jaeyoon to come back as I glanced around a bit, seeing people giggling and talking to each other all around me. I crossed my legs and lid back in the seat as the beginning started as Jaeyoon came back with the popcorn and drink. "Perfect timing" he smiled and sat next to me, putting the drink and popcorn in the holes of the armrest and started eating the popcorn. The room went silent as the movie started quickly.

After a few minutes in, I look around to see others reaction to the movie so far, until a bright-haired boy caught my attention. He didn't look like he was enjoying the movie.

"What are you looking at?" Jaeyoon asked while whispering.

"Nothing, just looking around" I whispered back and focused my attention back to the movie. I moved my hand towards the popcorn bowl, taking out a piece and then ate it as Jaeyoon took a sip of his drink.

Once the movie was over, I stood up and picked up my empty drink along with the haft-full popcorn bowl and threw the drink away as I continued eating the popcorn. "That was fun!" I said to Jaeyoon as he nodded in reply.

"Want to go home now?" He asked while I shrugged.

"Sure, I'm tired," I yawned while opening the door and left the building. Jaeyoon walked towards his car and opened the car door for me and I got into the car and then walked to his side. I yawned once again and lid back in the seat as he started to drive off. "So, have you always lived in Daegu?" I asked as he shook his head and gripped the wheel.

"I lived in Busan until I was 6. My mother's husband, or my dad, divorced her and moved away but ended up coming back every day and had hurt her" he stopped and sighed. "So we moved here, but the same thing is happening again, the men come back and hurt her" he finished.

"Oh, I shouldn't have asked, sorry," I said as he shrugged.

"It's fine."

We drove down the road in silence until we passed a few stores. "Around here isn't a place where you should walk alone either" Jaeyoon informed me as I nodded while we passed a store.

"Here we are," Jaeyoon said and stopped in front of his house.

"Is your mom home?" I asked as he shook his head. "She's off with another man" he sighed. "You could stay over again" Jaeyoon suggested. I nodded and walked into the house.

"What do you want to do?" I asked, glancing back at Jaeyoon while he shrugged.

"There isn't much to do" he chuckled.

"I have food, games, movies, we could go back outside" he suggested while I stood behind him as he walked around the living room.

"We could sleep" I laughed quietly and nodded.

"Then let's sleep" I agreed and walked up the stairs and towards his room.