Chapter Four

2011, July 14

Jung-gu, Daegu

I heard yelling, which sounded like a female's voice. I open my eyes to see nothing but darkness, assuming it was nighttime. I looked up to make sure Jaeyoon was still here; he was. I smiled before placing my head back on his chest as the yelling got louder.

"Get out! I told you to never come back!" she yelled as right after, I heard the door slam.

"Go back to sleep," Jaeyoon whispered as I nodded. "Ignore her, she has men over almost every night and some of them come back..." he sighs and held me closer. A loud knock came from the door and the doorknob turned, but the door didn't open; it's locked still. "I think you need to leave," Jaeyoon tells me as I pulled away, sitting up in his bed. "It's only 1 am, you should be able to make it home, but how?" He asked himself while looking around his room. "Would you be able to go out the window?" He asked in a whispering tone. I nodded, even though I didn't know if I could or not.

I stood up and walked towards the window and opened it, pushing it up while I felt the cold wind his my chest. I climbed out of the window and placed my feet on the small roof was outside his window as I sat down and slid down.

I looked over the edge and jumped off, landing on my feet. "Bye," he called out the window before closing it. Making my way through the woods, I shiver from the cold wind, realizing I was still wearing the shorts.

I see the house in front of me and I walked up and opened the door. I closed the door which caused it to make a loud squeaking sound. "Hello?" A voice called from the living room as I came around the corner, seeing Dawon on the couch, wrapped in his blanket.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked while he tightens his blanket around his body.

"I couldn't sleep" he whispered and leaned back on the couch.

I make my way towards the couch where Dawon was. I sat next to him as he looked over at me. "So, where were you all night?" He wondered as I got comfortable on the couch before answering.

"I went swimming with Jaeyoon and his friends," I informed him as he raised his eyebrow.

"Swimming at 1 am?" He chuckled then turned his head back towards the door.

"Yeah, he asked me to stay over so I did, but his mom came home yelling..." I sighed as folded my hands, laying them on my knees as I lid back onto the couch.

"Why was she yelling?" I shrugged to his question as he nodded.

"He said she brings men over every night and some of them come back," I admitted.

"I don't like it here" Dawon whispered loud enough for me to hear. "I have a weird feeling about this house" he finished what he was saying as I sat up, looking at him with a concerned look.

"Really? I thought it was fine" I stood up and looked back at him. "I'm going to look around the house," I said before leaving the spot I was standing in. Slowly making my way down the hall, I stopped in front of a door that had a lock on it but was broken. I took off the lock and threw it on the floor, slowly opening the door as I was greeted by stairs that led down to the dark basement. I slowly walked down the stairs, eventually making it to the bottom. The only light was from the doorway, so it was hard to see. The light shining on a small, square box; matches. I walked towards the box, hearing my shoes clinking against the cold, hard pavement floor.

"Is there a furnace?" I quickly asked myself, moving forward again until I hit my foot on something. Fastly backing away, I looked down to see a bowl full of what looked like stones, or coals. I got on my knees and picked up the stones, shinning them in the light, seeing some rocks and some coal. I continued feeling around the messy floor, my fingers eventually touch cold wood, I look up and see a furnace. "Yes," I smiled as I opened the box of matches and lit one up, seeing a little better as I threw it into the furnace, seeing that there was already wood inside, I watch as the furnace lights up in flames. I glance around the room as the flames lit up the room. Inside the room was a table, a chair, and a single pillow. "Interesting," I say as I stand up and walk back upstairs.

"Ya, Dawon!" I yelled out while walking up the stairs. I walk back into the living room, passing a table with a few books on it, along with a glass vase

"Yes?" he asked while looking back at me.

"Want to see something?" I asked while he shrugged.

"Sure, I'm not doing anything else" he chuckled and walked towards me with his blanket still around his shoulders.

"Follow me," I said and approached the basement door, realizing that Dawon didn't move from where he was standing.

"Come on," I said, waving my hand towards the stairs as he shook his head.

"I'm not going down there." He protested, causing me to walk towards him. I grabbed on to his wrist and pulled him along until he pulled his hand away. "No, never!" he yelled as he turned around and walked away. I ran towards him and put my hand on his shoulder, turning him around to face me again.

"What is wrong with you today?!" I asked-yelled while I heard a loud smashing sound. I turned around to see that he had pushed the vase off the table. "It's not good to use your powers anymore, stop!" I yelled and let him go as I started picking up the broken pieces of the vase. Dawon sighed as he stomped away to his room and slammed the door