Chapter 12 - Tell The Truth

Natsu's P.O.V

Lucy slammed the window shut and hopped into her bed and covered herself in thick blankets, but she was still waiting for an answer that I didn't want to give.

"I'm waiting. I don't want a lie this time though, got it. It's so easy for me to tell when you're lying." She pouted, still shivering as she tugged on the quilts.

"Nothing important. I just saw something and ran. It doesn't mater what it was." I said. I mean, I didn't want to tell her that I saw a particular new player walking around in the deep snow like us. A particular new player that isn't only one type of player. One that I hate now because of what he's done so far. 

"Seriously Natsu." 

"You said to tell the truth! I wasn't lying when I said that, I just phrased it differently. That's all. Now, what do you want for lunch? We kind of skipped breakfast this morning trying to get to my place and then staying for an unwanted hour." I said a little faster than what I'd intended. She let out a sigh, showing her giving up and looked at the clock.

"Fine. I am hungry. Let's go see what I have." She said, getting up from the comfort of her bed and followed me down to her kitchen. Of course she was still dragging along a few small blankets, but it was funny watching her huddle onto them for dear life. 

.

.

"That was delicious! Thanks Lucy!" I said, savoring the last bit of the food she had made.

"Thanks! I guess it does taste good, seeing as I had to rush to make it so you would stop complaining about your hunger." She teased, still eating her dish.

"You know me so well!"

"I know I do. So, you gonna tell me the full truth this time? Or are you going to keep lying and make your lip quiver so much that it falls off?" She said, putting her plate down on the table.

"... Fine! I give up! I'll tell you!" I said, knowing that she wouldn't drop this until she knew.

She sat up, not expecting me to answer.

"I saw..."