The Meeting

Sarah's POV

I walked into the restaurant, practically shaking in my heels. I fixed my skater skirt as I waited for the host to come back from seating a small family.

"Hi, welcome to Carmine's. How many. . . Oh my gosh! You're. . . You're Sunny!" The hostess squealed. I smiled as I saw a few people looking at us. "I love your music! You are my favorite artist. Most Girls is like my anthem!"

"Thank you so much!" I said, changing into my 'Sunny' persona.

"What can I do for you? Anywhere you wanna sit, I can make it happen."

"Thank you," I smiled. "I am actually meeting someone? His name is John Louis."

"Oh! You're meeting Jeremy Jordan?! You are so lucky! He is amazing! And gorgeous!"

I just let out an awkward chuckle. "Can you. . . show me where they are?" I asked, trying not to be rude.

"Oh! Sorry! I'm just so excited. This has been like the best day ever! Right this way." I followed her through the restaurant to a back room marked "private party".

When we walked into the room, I saw two men sitting at a table deep in conversation. There was an older man who was facing me and another, much smaller, man who his back to me. Even though I couldn't see the other guy's face, I knew it was Jeremy Jordan by his leather jacket and dark hair that had way too much product in it. When they saw the host and I enter, the older man stood up. He sent Jeremy a look before Jeremy finally stood up and slowly turned towards me.

"Sunny! I am so glad you made it. I'm John Louis. We talked on the phone." John said, reaching his hand out for me to take.

"Nice to meet you," I said shaking his hand. "And please, call me Sarah."

"Oh right. Of course. So sorry. Won't you sit down?" He asked gesturing towards an empty chair. I smiled as I sat down.

"Hello. Welcome to Carmine's. What can I get you guys?" Said a waitress.

"Ladies first," John said gesturing towards me.

"Oh umm, can I get a chicken Caesar Salad and an iced tea?"

"A salad? Typical chick." Jeremy scoffed. I folded my hands in my lap and avoided his stare.

When it was his turn to order he very obviously checked out the waitress. "I'll have the steak, medium rare and a beer."

"Typical asshole," I mumbled. I bit my lip when he sent me a glare.

When the waitress walked away, John turned towards me with a smile on his face. The longer I stared at his smile, the creepier it got. "So! Let's get down to business, shall we? I know you are an extremely busy young women and I would hate to waste your time. You are a very talented and well-known artist. But, I think your career could be even better."

"Actually, I. . . I'm happy where my career is. I don't think I need to put my name out any more than it already is." I said folding and unfolding my hands.

"People love your music and I think they would love to see you on the big screen." As he continued to explain his offer to me, the waitress came over with our food and drinks. "So, here's what I'm thinking. You could get into the movie business if you are seen with a well-known actor, it'll help." The more he said "movie business" the more I wanted to throw up.

"Wait, what are you suggesting?" I asked slowly.

"He's suggesting we start going out." I turned towards Jeremy with wide eyes.

"What?" I said trying not to laugh.

"Now I know how it may sound to you, us suggesting you fake date a guy for publicity, but people do it all the time. In the movie business." The fact that he added that specific phrase made me angry.

I stood up suddenly, startling both men. "Okay. I've heard enough. My name is out there just enough, thank you. I hate to be prideful, but I love where my career is at. It's at a great place and I couldn't be prouder of my success. I don't want to be, nor do I need to be, in your precious movie business. I know the music business may seem smaller than your movie business, but I love what I do and that's enough."

"Really?" Jeremy scoffed. "I don't see your show on every week, or your face on movie posters across the country."

"Yeah, well I don't see people downloading your music every minute. I also don't see you selling out concert halls where fans wait hours just to hear you." I sent Jeremy a smirk feeling proud when I saw him scoff.

"This should cover my salad," I said putting a ten dollar bill on the table. I walked away, swinging my hips a little extra. I smirked when I could feel Jeremy's eyes on my ass.