House Call

Sarah's POV

"So, how was the meeting?" Max asked when I walked into the studio the next day. I sent him a glare before taking a sip of my coffee. "That bad, huh?"

"Just play the track," I mumbled, stepping into the booth.

"Who's that sexy thing I see over there?
That's me, standin' in the mirror
What's that icy thing hangin' 'round my neck?
That's gold, show me some respect

I thank God every day
That I woke up feelin' this way
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh

If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too

I walk in like a dime piece
I go straight to V.I.P.
I never pay for my drinks
My entourage behind me
My life's a movie. Tom Cruise
So bless me, baby, achoo
And even if they tried to
They can't do it like I do

I thank God every day (thank God)
That I woke up feelin' this way
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh

If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too

Turn the bass up
Turn the bass up
Turn the bass up
Let's go!

I thank God every day (say to thank God)
That I woke up feelin' this way
And I can't help lovin' myself
And I don't need nobody else, nuh uh

If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too
If I was you, I'd wanna be me, too
I'd wanna be me, too.
I'd wanna be me, too."

"That was great, Sarah." Max said into the speaker. We ran through it a few more times before we had decided we liked how the song sounded. I took my headphones off and hung them on the microphone stand.

"So? How was your meeting last night?" He asked as I walked out of the booth and plopped onto the couch.

"It was awful. He kept saying that I wanted, more like needed to be in the 'movie business'." I stood up and started pacing. "Like I needed to improve my sorry excuse of a career. Like it was embarrassing that I am the top recording artist on iTunes, like my music videos haven't had the most views on YouTube, and like I haven't sold out every concert I have every had."

"Sarah, honey breathe." Max walked over and gently grabbed my shoulders. "You are amazing. Who cares what some PR Manager thinks. He probably just wants to help improve Jeremy's career."

"That's exactly what I want to do." We jumped when none other than John Louis walked into the studio.

"Excuse me, this is a private studio. It's closed to civilians, and Movie Business PR Managers," Max said stepping in front of me. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Look, Sunny," he started but Max cut him off.

"Her name is Sarah. Her stage name is Sunny."

"Sarah," John corrected. "I'm sorry about how I acted yesterday. It wasn't until Jeremy had said something about how I was an asshole and how he was proud, did I realized how rude I was. Jeremy does have a bad reputation and I thought. . . I was hoping that if he was seen with you, it would repair his reputation."

"So you're saying that Jeremy Jordan being connected to someone who the public loves, will make them magically love him. Newsflash, the reason the public doesn't love your precious movie star is because he is a terrible person."

"That's enough, Max." I said patting his shoulder. "What does Jeremy have to say about this. . .deal?"

"Well, to be honest he doesn't care for it. He has never liked the idea of being 'tied down'."

I heard Max scoff. "Let's say, hypothetically, I say yes. How is he going to react? I mean, how are you going to get him to act like a good boyfriend? Even if it is all a lie?"

"Look Sarah, I can't promise you he'll be well-behaved. But I do know that he does actually know, even deep down, that being connected to you will help his career."

I thought about his offer for a minute before sighing. "Okay, I'm not saying I'm comfortable with this whole thing, but I am willing to help. I'm also not saying I want to wake up in the morning and be his devoted girlfriend suddenly. It won't make his story believable. What I will do is this, we'll have a trial date. That way I can see if it's something I'm comfortable doing and am willing to do it longer. Or if it doesn't work out, he at least gets a few pictures, a few articles and, of course, the rumors that people will spread."

"Oh thank you, Sunn. . . I mean Sarah. I really appreciate this. I promise I will schedule a romantic dinner for tonight at 7, if that works for you of course. I will even pay for it. I will also make sure he is on his best behavior."

"At least you will to the best of your ability. He is a grown man," Max mumbled.

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear to you. If I don't like him, I walk. If I ever get too uncomfortable, I walk. He does anything, and I mean anything, that I don't like or approve of, I walk. No arguing. No saying I went back on the deal. And if he lies to the press after I have walked, I will more than happily clear the air. Understood?" I asked holding my hand out for him to take.

John let out a sigh of relief as he took my hand and shook it. "I completely understand."