I'm Leaving, Never Coming Back

Sarah's POV

"This is a story that I have never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminal
And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know

'Cause all the pain and the truth
I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused
I'm not broken or bruised

'Cause now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me

There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say

'Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway
Now I'm a warrior
I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again

No oh yeah yeah
You can never hurt me again."

"That was perfect Sunny!"

"Oh, thanks Mr. Hanson." I said clearing my throat and leaving the booth.

"Every time I hear you, it's like you keep getting better and better." He said barely looking up from his Blackberry. 

"Thanks," I said trying to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"So!" He said finally putting away his phone. "How excited are you for your tour?"

"I'm excited," I said forcefully.

"Sunny," he elongated. "Sweetheart, you are excited. You are looking forward to meeting thousands of fans ad how you can't wait to tour the country."

"Of course sir," I said biting my tongue and smiling. "I am super excited for my world tour. I cannot wait to meet so many fans and I can't wait to bring my music to fans everywhere." I said, changing into my Sunny persona.

"Better," he shrugged. I tightened my fist as he left. I ran my hands through my hair as I took long, slow breaths.

"I know he's my boss and signs my paychecks and everything, but  Hanson is a gigantic asshole." Max joked. I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands. "Sarah?" I felt the couch dip next to me, signaling that Max had sat next to me.

"What is wrong with me? I have a complete different persona when I'm around Hanson and my fans. I don't write the songs I wanna write. My 'image' isn't who I am. And I let some guy use my name to help his career. What's even sadder about that is the fact that I actually started to have real feelings for him. And now I am running away. Max, will you sign the death certificate for Sarah Walters?"

Max put his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. "There is nothing wrong with having a different persona, but you need to remember that you are Sunny. She is not you. . . I mean you created Sunny. Everything she does, is because you did it. Hanson does not own you or Sunny. He may think he does, but you're contract says otherwise."

"Wait, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that if you want to switch recording studios, I'd follow you."

"Max," I sighed.

"I don't work for Hanson. I work for you." I smiled and gave him a hug. "And as far as the whole Jeremy situation," he continued as he pulled away, "maybe you should just talk to him. And I mean actually talk to him this time. Not just yell and hit him."

"What's the point?" He gave me a look, but I kept talking. "Hear me out, Max. Let's say I talk to him. I tell him everything and he tells me the same and we kiss and. . . I leave. Hanson set up a world tour for me. I'm going to be traveling for six months. I couldn't do that to him. I couldn't do the long distance thing. And I wouldn't ask him to do that."

"Maybe he wouldn't mind."

"Wouldn't mind? It's six months of me being in a different country, a different time zone, half of the time not being able to call or even text. . . Let's not forget that this is all hypothetical. For all I know, Jeremy could have already slept with ten different girls by now." I bit back my tears as I stood up. Max quickly jumped up and grabbed my wrist.

"You don't actually think that, do you?"

"Can you blame me?"