A Second Chance

Sarah's POV

After the disastrous date, I went home and took a much needed bubble bath. I walked into the studio the next morning with a large coffee in hand.

"Whoa, large coffee, you're "f-you" noise-canceling headphones wrapped around your neck and your "I hate the world" sunglasses. I'm guessing the date was bad?"

"Bad?" I couldn't help but scoff. "It was the worse date I have ever been on. First of all, he was an hour late and then when he finally showed up he instantly reached for his phone. Then when the waitress came to take our drink order, he wouldn't stop flirting with her. So I left." I put my jacket and purse on the couch before collapsing onto it.

"Oh and I may have threatened the waitress that I was going to tell her boss she was too focused on getting into the movie star's pants that she messed up my order." I said before taking a long drink of my coffee.

"What?" Max laughed. "Damn Sarah. It must have really been a rough date."

"First of all, Sunny did that. Not me. She's the one who isn't afraid to speak her mind," I sent him an innocent smile that just made him laugh. "Anyway, you were right. Jeremy Jordan is a grade A asshole. I'm calling John right now and telling him the deal is off."

"Okay," he elongated.

"What?" I asked sitting up straighter. "What's with the creepy Chuckie smile?"

"You might want to check social media."

I instantly unlocked my phone. "You have got to be kidding me!" I yelled jumping up. A picture of Jeremy and I was all over the internet. Not just any picture. It was a picture of us, outside the restaurant, kissing.

Not only that but Jeremy had also been in an interview telling a very long, very detailed bullshit love story about how I went to one of his premieres and accidentally spilt my drink on him.

"How was it to kiss a movie star?" Max said with a smirk.

"Too much tongue," I said dialing and walking into the hallway.

"John Louis's office," said the receptionist.

"I need to talk to John Louis. Now. It's Sarah Walters." I said, biting my tongue.

"Sarah! How nice to hear from you!"

"Actually, John it's not so nice. We had a deal! Jeremy. . . Well I'm just going to say it. He was an asshole last night. He showed up an hour late, flirted with the waitress the entire time, and when I left he chased after me and kissed me. John I told you if I was uncomfortable, I wouldn't do this. And now I see that this morning, Jeremy went to an interview and said that we have been secretly dating for two months! Two months John!"

"Sarah," he started.

"No," I said interrupting him. "You said you would have better control of him. You are using me, do you realize that? You are using me to improve Hollywood's bad boy's reputation! And besides, his story doesn't even make sense. So while him and I have been secretly dating he's been pretending to sleep around with any slut he can find at the nearest bar?"

"Sarah, I already talked to him about it. He understands what he did wrong."

"Oh, he understands? Does he? He understands how he totally screwed me and you gave me no warning? You fix this or I do my own interview telling the whole damn story. The true story. And believe me, when I tell it, I won't care what happens to the other person unlike you two."

I hung up the phone before walking back into the booth. "How'd it go?" Max asked in a singsongy voice.

**********