A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

Jeremy's POV

"Jeremy! What's up man? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," laughed the bartender Nick as I walked into my usual bar. The bar that I haven't been to since I started dating Sarah.

Fake dating. . .

"You haven't been cheating on me with another bartender have you?"

"Hell no man! Started dating this hot chick who hates bars. And fun." I cringed at how much of a jackass I sounded like.

"Drop that slut and find a new one. There are plenty of drunk girls here who would love to get with you. Unless this girl is amazing in bed," Nick wiggled his eye brows. "Is she?"

"Damn right." Every word I have said since I walked in has felt like vinegar in my mouth. Nick placed a scotch on the counter. "Keep 'em coming man," I said downing the glass in one drink. "Keep them coming."

**********

I woke up with a pounding headache. When I rolled over, it made everything worse. I groaned when I saw a blonde girl next to me. Oh, maybe I should add something- the girl was naked.

And so was I.

"Shit," I sighed rubbing my face with my hands. I quietly got out of the girl's bed and got dressed as quickly as I could. The whole cab ride home, I couldn't get the image of Sarah laughing out of my head.

How the hell could I do something like this? Well, I've done this before, but how could I do this to Sarah? How could I do this to the sweetest girl I have ever met?

She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve to be played, lied to, used. She deserves someone who would kill her ex's for doing this to her.

Sarah Walters deserves to be happy and all I am doing is causing her pain.

As soon as I walked into my apartment, my phone started to ring. "Hello?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I cringed as John yelled into the phone.

"John, I can explain."

"Explain? Jeremy, listen to me. It was working! Sarah was helping your career! And now, not only did you screw that up, you hurt an innocent girl. I made a deal with Sarah. I told her that I would make sure you didn't hurt her. That if she ever got uncomfortable, she could walk away. She did make that call. After your first date, she called me. And yet, she gave you another chance. She gave you a second chance and this is how you repay her?"

"John, I know! I know I was stupid. I was a jackass and you're right. Sarah does deserve better. I just. . ."

"Why? That's my question, Jeremy. Why would you go to a bar and hook up with a girl? You haven't been to a bar since you started dating Sarah, so why now?"

"I. . . I don't know, John."

"Actually, I think you do." John sighed. "I think that you just don't want to admit it."

"Admit what?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Admit that maybe this fake relationship, isn't so fake anymore."